Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

I had the pfizer varity last Wednesday, Felt like I had been hit by a tank in the evening, ok the following morning apart from a sore arm then fron Saturday for several days felt like a wet lettice. Almost rejoined the human race again on Wednesday but sill feel tired very easily.

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, polybear said:

A friend worked for an antiques dealer/restorer/house clearance shop; he was on one clearance job where he lifted the mattress and there was many hundreds of ££ underneath, all of which went to the boss....

I hope you were the boss.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, polybear said:

A friend worked for an antiques dealer/restorer/house clearance shop; he was on one clearance job where he lifted the mattress and there was many hundreds of ££ underneath, all of which went to the boss....

I don't have hundreds of £££ stuffed under the mattress (only if) but I intend to make sure that anything left after relly's and friends have had their pick and received their bequests is dealt with by someone honest like the local hospice who do house clearances. They were asked to clear a house by someone I know and they discovered some valuable items so they contacted them and asked them if they wanted them returned. I'm quite sure that the boss who kept the cash was committing an offence.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, polybear said:

Dream on...... :lol:

The only dream is the RWC.

Now the dates and locations are out for all the Wales pool matches are out, we are looking at going to see some if not all of them.

Starts in Bordeaux then Nice, Lyon and finally Nantes.

At least we avoid Paris.....unless we make the final!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

A couple of days absence due to bad backitis but things are looking up, at least partially due to having laid in stocks of Lagavulin and Eccles cakes to sustain the inner man while a certain game of rugby is watched tomorrow. I shall also be checking on stocks of earplugs though, as either cheers of joy or howls of despair from the Muddy Hollow are bound to echo at level ten on the North Hipposhire air in the early evening.

Tatty bye people. Have a peaceful and restful night.

Dave

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 25/02/2021 at 06:29, Oldddudders said:

...snip... I managed over an hour of lawn-mowing yesterday, which has 'opened the account', but there will be more to do. My lawn-tractor remains out of service, so pushing the motor-mower round is good for me! 

So did I; well, at least I tried :(:

1343457491_25feb21-Lawnmowerstuckinmud-006.JPG.43f9263900a0e797bb0bbba56efc6aed.JPG

A friend with a come-along will be by in a day or so when it stops raining to extricate the mower.

• Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium
On 03/07/2020 at 05:57, Happy Hippo said:

...snip...

Over the years I have had a number of recurring dreams the first was about falling and breaking my leg.

Eventually I did break my ankle, after a parachute jump and after that the dreams stopped. ...snip...

Hippos parachuting???? I did not know that they made 'chutes that big! :yahoo_mini:

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

The only dream is the RWC.

At least we avoid Paris.....unless we make the final!

:laugh:  :rofl:

5 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

So did I; well, at least I tried :(:

1343457491_25feb21-Lawnmowerstuckinmud-006.JPG.43f9263900a0e797bb0bbba56efc6aed.JPG

A friend with a come-along will be by in a day or so when it stops raining to extricate the mower.

Mrs. JSB:  "You've made a nice job of cutting the grass dear.....now explain just why does my garden look like an 'effin' plowed field??  And I suggest you think very, very, carefully......" :angry:

:jester:

Bear has an appointment with a paint roller and a kitchen ceiling this morning :sad_mini:  - and then it's chippy day :yahoo:

• Like 8
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Just looked at the Beeb website, 2 things come to the fore, 

1, England seem to have avtually turned up in Cardiff, perhaps the roars from the Hippodrome are slightly mooted.

2. The Luftwaffe scored a sneaky one in Exeter and stopped hundreds of Students partying.

Jamie

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Dave Hunt said:

The trumpeting from the Muddy Hollow are deafening.

Well done the men in red.

Dave

Did I miss something?

I was eating some of the cakes that Sam, Georgie's mother, dropped around just before the match started.

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Not much. Go back and finish the cakes.

I was licking up the crumbs off the floor when my brother called to tell me about a serious RTC in Cardiff he had to attend.  

Apparently a Dragon was in collision with a Chariot just off Westgate Street

Fortunately there were no serious casualties, but the chariot is a right off.

• Funny 5

8 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I was licking up the crumbs off the floor when my brother called to tell me about a serious RTC in Cardiff he had to attend.  

Apparently a Dragon was in collision with a Chariot just off Westgate Street

Fortunately there were no serious casualties, but the chariot is a right off.

So that's Dragons one, Chariots Nil is it?

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

No comment on my last sentence re Grand Slams?

Dave

PS Still got the Penderyn and Welsh cakes ; any chance of a spare red shirt?

I do, but on someone of your sylph like proportions it will be like wearing a tent!

If I give you a black one which is the away strip, it can serve a dual purpose:lol:!

• Funny 5