Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

The drawers are a set of 32, made from old margarine boxes by my great uncle, probably in the 1890's.
My dilemma is whether I should metricate the dimensions in recognition of my new residence.   

Nooo......you'll only confuse yourself.....:jester:

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Nyda is now sitting at the computer awaiting the third round of the RWC 2023 ticketing fiasco.

I've thrown in the towel after the first two rounds, but she has a little more faith that I.

It could get awkward, as I've already reallocated the ticket money for railway projects

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

No luck with the tickets. Two and a half hours queueing and no Wales tickets available.

Cumulatively, we have spent more time in internet queues with no positive outcome than we would have done watching all five matches we wanted to see.:laugh_mini:

But I'm really looking forward to all the unexpected railway stuff that can now be ordered up.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Florence Locomotive Works said:

The nerve of the Welsh weather, its was nearly 85 degrees out yesterday!

(i think that's 29 in celcius)

Ah, but that is 545° Rankine! :o

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

That's good news.

I wonder if it was low blood pressure that caused him to take a tumble in the first place?

I suffered from it once, and only really found out about it when I ran up a flight of stairs and got very giddy and disorientated just before the top step.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

That's good news.

I wonder if it was low blood pressure that caused him to take a tumble in the first place?

I suffered from it once, and only really found out about it when I ran up a flight of stairs and got very giddy and disorientated just before the top step.

Big H running up stairs?  Must've been cake at the top....:laugh:

• Agree 4
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure when I went to donate a pint one day. My reaponse of "well take a pint and it will go down" didn't go down very well.

Anyway great news about Hunt senior.  Hope his recovery goes well Dave, I take it that the news needed a suitable libation of Scottish medecine  to celebrate  it.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

That's great news about Mr Hunt senior. Them oldems are made of tougher stuff you know.

Me being cynical now, what moi, I would say that somebody has put an asterix against the Hunt name so that their isn't a repeat of the 'shambles' that occurred when Hunt junior was interred at same hospital. But of course that would imply that the NHS is capable of joined up thinking something it doesn't always do well.

Whatever it is its still good news so long may it continue.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

That's great news about Mr Hunt senior. Them oldems are made of tougher stuff you know.

As those of us who have had the pleasure of meeting the more senior Hunt can testify to.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 05/04/2021 at 20:17, SM42 said:

This climbing business is harder than it looks.

Best wished to the gentleman who fell and his family and friends

To return to Cake Mountain climbing, has anyone else here read The Ascent of Rum Doodle? I recommend it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1