Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

They would still be taken by a bank you could still pay in an old white fiver.

I'm not sure about £1 notes but a genuine white fiver is worth a lot more than its face value to a collector.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Said gardener is now pruning our trees instead, so saving me doing it :) 

Footnote:

The gardener has also picked up 3 other jobs from our back garden neighbours, to trim the rest of the trees in their gardens  (in actual fact none of the trees around the edge of the garden are ours anyway).

He also finished off our mid-garden tree I had started this morning, but was told I'd need supervising to make sure I cut it to the right shape.

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

For once the optimist won. After the Zoom meetings I managed to get the few domestic chores allocated to me finished early enough to get down to the workshop for a while. Not only that, but the modelling problem I failed to solve yesterday was successfully dealt with so I am currently in happy bunny mode. 

I don't like it. Something bad is bound to happen :sad_mini2:

G'night folks

Dave

• Like 17
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

We went out today to see the Waterloo Warbirds do a flypast.

https://www.guelphtoday.com/local-news/waterloo-warbirds-release-details-for-saturdays-flyover-3886953

We were by the museum with a good view but they appeared suddenly and flew straight by. Dayle was still turning her camera on; they would have been just dots anyway. I could have had a shot with the statue of John McCrae writing In Flanders Fields.  Not sure what the aircraft were -- more modern than a Sopwith Camel.

I started a bunch of projects last year (Ian Kirk coaches) but boxed them up for some reason. I started doing card buildings. I'm on one now that's a generating station and is supposed to have cast generators in it. The prducer has changed to downloadable only and doesn't have any more castings.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

And it's good morning from me. I'm still in happy bunny mode as Jill and a friend are off to Dorothy Clive gardens this afternoon leaving me to my own devices. Hence this morning will be spent on chores and niffnaff and trivia then after they depart the whooshing noise will be me heading for the workshop. 

More than a little confusion over Dad's returning home as on Friday a lady came to assess his house for things that need installing and yesterday another called to say he was coming home on Tuesday. Eventually I managed to convince her that the alterations identified as necessary hadn't actually been carried out so she's going to call back tomorrow.

Have a good day people.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold

I looked up the Waterloo Warbirds.  

They have the following:

T33 Silver Star

MiG 15

DH Vampire

L29 Delphin

AT- 6 Texan/Harvard

All are two seaters so can offer air experience flights.

Not as large as the fleet of aircraft in the hanger at Hunt Towers but probably a little more noisy and expensive to run.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, BR60103 said:

We went out today to see the Waterloo Warbirds do a flypast.

https://www.guelphtoday.com/local-news/waterloo-warbirds-release-details-for-saturdays-flyover-3886953

We were by the museum with a good view but they appeared suddenly and flew straight by. Dayle was still turning her camera on; they would have been just dots anyway. I could have had a shot with the statue of John McCrae writing In Flanders Fields.  Not sure what the aircraft were -- more modern than a Sopwith Camel.

I started a bunch of projects last year (Ian Kirk coaches) but boxed them up for some reason. I started doing card buildings. I'm on one now that's a generating station and is supposed to have cast generators in it. The prducer has changed to downloadable only and doesn't have any more castings.

My daughter in law comes from Kitchener,  she is now Head of Department at a school in Birmingham.  They are off back home for six weeks over the summer hols. This will be the first visit home for her for 3 years

Edited by coastalview
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

Today is going to be utilized for what is known as cleaning and tidying up.

I will complete this task and tomorrow will get on with the other 50% of my life which is making things dirty and creating a mess.

I know which one I prefer:laugh_mini:.

• Like 3
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

If your DiL comes from Kitchener, Chris, does that mean she points her finger at her pupils saying, "Your country needs you."

I'll just get my coat......

Dave

Lol Dave

I don't think she takes much cr@p from anyone. She is as they say very direct and all the better for that 

They got married here in February last year, so she hasn't been able to go home and see everyone since the wedding.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I have (again) misinterpreted instructions.

'Sweep around the conservatory'.

I took the old Venetian blinds out and put them in the workshop, did all the window sills, brushed the floor, vacuumed it up:  satisfied smile.

'Why have you not swept around the conservatory?'

'I have.... Look!'

'I meant outside, not inside.  You need to shift all the pots and get the leaves that are stuck in behind them'.

Guess what I'm doing this afternoon?

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I took the old Venetian blinds out and put them in the workshop, did all the window sills, brushed the floor, vacuumed it up:  satisfied smile.

'I have.... Look!'

'I meant outside, not inside.  You need to shift all the pots and get the leaves that are stuck in behind them'.

I never cease to be amazed by others' marriages.....

• Agree 3
  • Funny 7

3 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

And it's good morning from me. I'm still in happy bunny mode as Jill and a friend are off to Dorothy Clive gardens this afternoon leaving me to my own devices. Hence this morning will be spent on chores and niffnaff and trivia then after they depart the whooshing noise will be me heading for the workshop. 

More than a little confusion over Dad's returning home as on Friday a lady came to assess his house for things that need installing and yesterday another called to say he was coming home on Tuesday. Eventually I managed to convince her that the alterations identified as necessary hadn't actually been carried out so she's going to call back tomorrow.

Have a good day people.

Dave

The phrase left hand in separate time zone/dimension to the right appendige springs to mind Mr Hunt.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

'I have.... Look!'

Schoolboy error I'm afraid Richard. You should know by now that SWMBO speak is carefully designed to include traps for the incautious male who believes that everyone has his idea of communication, I.e., they state plainly what they mean. Not that I'm any better than you are at SWMBO speak interpretation, I'm sad to say, merely well used to being a victim.

Dave, AKA Why haven't you.......?

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

12 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

'I have.... Look!'

Sitting on the naughty stool?

No? 

You obviously didn't recite the mission objective back did you HH. So it's you own fault. I have no sympathy.:nono:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

'I have.... Look!'

image.png.ab02a25ede2a3786a893997c2a3d86bc.png

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 17

I did see a cartoon about builder needing to walk into town to use the toilet.

His boss said take the keys and go in the van

The builder did just that and left a deposit in the van.

The moral was that when giving instructions, never forget that the recipient may just be stupid

Apparently I fit that descriprion quite often according to a certain female personage who frequents SM42 Towers

On a similar note  I am always amazed at how dangerous children are.

All those washing pod ads on TV tell us to always keep away from children and plastic bags warn us of suffocation if we dont keep away from them.

I'd give them a wide berth just in case 

Andy

• Agree 5
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Its not just me then.  Sometime it amazes me how I still manage not to have a clue what Mrs NHN is on about, after almost 40 years together and married 37.

However, today was sunny and warm, the forecast was torrential rain.  Archery went well, Mrs H got a PB and was 2 points short of the win, to an archer who shoots at world levels.  Result.

We had an early lunch first sitting on Santon station, like so.....

650106987_20210620_1210591.jpg.654a7d7dbe9ca23dfe61df66541a041b.jpg

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 16
  • Round of applause 2

Talking of stupidity i am watching the end of storage wars on blaze before the next programme starts. A woman shows how to pull a fridge freezer out of a storage unit it is stacked up on something. She gets a ratchet strap round it then wraps it round her shoulders as she pulls it goes round her neck.

Some folk have no sense

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3