Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

5 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

And finally - for attn. @Florence Locomotive Works I finally remembered to photograph my miners lamp today!

Thank you Neil, looks to be an early one , you can date it by going here.

https://www.protectorlamp.com/miners-lamp-buying-guide/

Edited by Florence Locomotive Works
  • Like 3

Tomorrow  I have been told we are cycling somewhere nice.

It was my job to find somewhere nice and sort out how we are getting there. 

The bikes have been dug out of the garage. They have been loaded into the car ( bike racks are for wimps) and we are heading to Ashbourne for the Tissington Trail.

I'm sort of hoping to be rained off

As part of getting the bikes out, I have been  tidying the garage, which was going fine till Mrs SM42 came home and kept asking me to do other things. :banghead:

I have now thrown it all back in the garage and I sit awaiting orders which now seem to have dried up. :dontknow:

Better news is that  beer is back in stock. 

Andy

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

5 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Have they misplaced a decimal point in the listing 

Jamie

Good question but alas, no. After many years of almost no increases prices have gone completely bonkers here recently. We refinanced the loan on our house about 15 years ago and it was appraised for less than we paid for it :D. It's now at five times what we paid for it.

When we came here in '95 most of the vehicles were old beaten-up pickup trucks or crappy cars that would not have passed a MOT in a million years. Now it seems every other vehicle is either a Tesla, MB, Porsche or Ferrari.

We actually received a tax refund from the state for last year because the tax revenue is ridiculous.

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

I've always fancied a float plane lift at SM42 Towers.

Problem is there's nowhere to land, unless of course you drop in like HH 

Even then it would be a bit tight.

Andy

• Funny 7

2 hours ago, AndyID said:

I think I saw that house a few weeks back when I was up there. I was in Coeur D Alene off and on throughout the week, although I didn’t spot a certain Fiat.

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

Yipee! Fixed MrsID's flipping (it actually does flip) Chromebook.

Its battery wouldn't charge and as the cable was a bit dodgy I bought a new one, which didn't make the slightest bit of difference :)

Shelled out for a new battery next and that has fixed it.

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

33 minutes ago, Florence Locomotive Works said:

I think I saw that house a few weeks back when I was up there. I was in Coeur D Alene off and on throughout the week, although I didn’t spot a certain Fiat.

It was probably a bit too hot and very smokey then. Much better now and we've even had a little rain.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, AndyID said:

It was probably a bit too hot and very smokey then. Much better now and we've even had a little rain.

Thank God you have, I was staying on a farm in Tekoa and they were having terrible smoke problems. The sun looked like we should have been on Tatooine.

Edited by Florence Locomotive Works
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Evening all,

Today the after work the Works were voluntarily vacuumed (yes you haven’t had to much Penderhyn, or however it’s spelled) and the general disposition of the floor has much improved. Not a single 3 BA bolt was found but several nuts were! 

Here’s a photo, the box of general rubbish containing among other things a unfinished model of HMS Victory is mostly out of sight. 

EDC0F312-A066-428C-A886-82DA34A292A1.jpeg.c1fe5fb1ee97a3b9a937a6f6cbe3720c.jpeg

This evening peach (or mixed berry, spending on your source) cobbler is to be consumed after dinner, the first this year. Photos will be posted after which I shall go and await the arrival of the thundering Pachyderm with my Bofors.

Douglas

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, figworthy said:

I had an invite to a 60th last week.  The marque was bigger than the Manor House :-( .

Adrian

Never mind - you can quietly snigger at the thought of just how much money they've blown trying to impress part-goers.....

:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Florence Locomotive Works said:

EDC0F312-A066-428C-A886-82DA34A292A1.jpeg.c1fe5fb1ee97a3b9a937a6f6cbe3720c.jpeg

Bear rather covets Young Florence's Engineer's Toolchest.....

(Note to AndY - we need a "Jealous" Emoji)

But has YF put a screw hook in one end :scared:for that Junior Hacksaw?

Edited by polybear
  • Like 2
  • Agree 6