Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

7 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear rather covets Young Florence's Engineer's Toolchest.....

(Note to AndY - we need a "Jealous" Emoji)

But has YF put a screw hook in one end :scared:for that Junior Hacksaw?

No it’s a Peco track pin. Those hacksaws are also extremely hard to use I find, due to the slippery handle.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Its amazing what they can Photoshop nowadays. That looks nothing like a Hippo. Absolutely amazing that's all iive got to say.

I was in disguise!

The giveaway to it being a real picture is the brownish stains on the lower parts of the jump suit.

Remember Phil's warning?

image.png.81b2a4ba6b1ccffef2c07b8c97f5e29f.png

• Funny 7

7 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Puncture ?

No. I still had to go. 

Ashbourne to Hartington and back. Got back to car with a minute to spare on parking ticket. 

Very nice ride out, but even better back as it was downhill. 

Now have sore legs and other things. 

I couldn't stop a pig in an entry at the moment. :(

Andy

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Afternoon all,

Dad and I went out to the track for the first time in 2 months today. Life and the weather had gotten in the way previously. However today was an excellent session, and I am now doing sub 41 second lap time with a gap of around .8 between laps, so I finally have consistency.

Heres a possibly rather blurry video.

In other news yesterday I painted in the insides of the frames on my engine, which has rather improved its look. Parts of the frame stretchers have been left unpainted as the nuts will score the paint.

5B7686A5-1C7D-4CC5-8AD6-44329E76DCF8.jpeg.d3bc813cb80abba1473339b3f49ec939.jpeg

A stand in wooden safety valve cover has also been glued to the boiler, and something has been found to represent a dome. 

Douglas

• Like 9

12 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear rather covets Young Florence's Engineer's Toolchest.....

(Note to AndY - we need a "Jealous" Emoji)

But has YF put a screw hook in one end :scared:for that Junior Hacksaw?

I can highly recommend the tool chests though, mine is a cheap Chinese one that was under $90. However if you want real quality get a Gerstner, but that will be upwards of $450. They are heavy though.

Edited by Florence Locomotive Works
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

I was in disguise!

The giveaway to it being a real picture is the brownish stains on the lower parts of the jump suit.

Remember Phil's warning?

image.png.81b2a4ba6b1ccffef2c07b8c97f5e29f.png

That's what bicycle clips are for to stop the sxxt running out of the jump suit legs

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

Now back at Hunt Towers after a  few days away a bit like the curate's egg, i.e., good in parts. To be fair, most of it was very good with a nice BBQ at son and dil's place in Leatherhead on Thursday evening, although the ten mile queue on the M25 on the way there hadn't been the best start. Luckily the SPT was in good form and kept me from using my best invective towards cockwomble drivers, even the one that nearly took the front off my car swerving from the fast lane of the M40 to the junction exit, crossing the hatched markings en route. Friday's trip to the Big Smoke for the reunion went well and I managed to stay reasonably lucid (at least, to me I was lucid) as well as being able to walk unassisted from Hyde Park Corner to Waterloo station later that night, albeit probably not in the most direct line available. Yesterday we returned here via our niece's place in  Chipping Norton but were slightly delayed on the bl**dy M25 again to the extent of managing to cover 25 miles in a mere two hours. How anyone can live and work anywhere that requires them to use that piece of insanity on a regular basis I do not know. Today we just did some of the G word and went for a walk.

Just had a horrible experience. There was an advert on TV for the Great Western Railway. I must finish now and have a large libation to steady my nerves.

Dave

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

the ten mile queue on the M25 on the way there

slightly delayed on the bl**dy M25 again to the extent of managing to cover 25 miles in a mere two hours.

You do realise that it's a feature of the smart motorway technology that when vehicle from Shropshire is detected, additional traffic is immediately generated. It's not real traffic, just a construct of the matrix.

• Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

You do realise that it's a feature of the smart motorway technology that when vehicle from Shropshire is detected, additional traffic is immediately generated. It's not real traffic, just a construct of the matrix.

If it was mid afternoon  Thursday, it also detected a French registered Clio, we also got stuck on that section, then again on the A3.

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

I went to the garden railway today that was open on behalf of the Essex and Herts air ambulance. There was a couple of hold ups on the A127 getting there, mostly in the region of the three supermarkets en route but once we'd  passed them it was plain sailing. Being a charity event the ladies had baked cakes and BREAD PUDDING. So I had to have a piece and very nice it was too.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Now we are back from Margam, I suspect the next few days will be taken up with cleaning, tidying and gardening.

I really need another purge on stuff that needs moving on as I have no further use for it.

The garage roof space is the next area for investigation, followed by some of the least used cupboards in the workshop.

I know there is much that could go from the house roof space,  (all the camping equipment of my offspring for starters) but I am forbidden to interfere up there.

• Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

It must be catching. My day will most likely be taken up with garage sorting, cleaning and tidying. Oh, frabjous day! 

(Once muggocoffee #2 has been ever so slowly consumed, that is)

Happy ban cauli day people.

Dave

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Day 4 of the long weekend off.

Hoping to get the panel-to-baseboard cable for the track power and uncouplers completed today, but apparently we are to visit a garden centre, for coffee & cake

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

If it was mid afternoon  Thursday, it also detected a French registered Clio, we also got stuck on that section, then again on the A3.

Jamie

Yes, Jamie, it was mid afternoon on Thursday when the first mentioned experience with the great car park, AKA M25, took place. We also saw signs warning that the A3 was causing grief. So, it was all your fault!

Dave

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Yes, Jamie, it was mid afternoon on Thursday when the first mentioned experience with the great car park, AKA M25, took place. We also saw signs warning that the A3 was causing grief. So, it was all your fault!

Dave

Yes it was an 'interesting drive, A46, M1 the M25 and A3. The M1 seemed to be mostly roadworks with 60 mph limit for about 30 miles.  It must have been our combined presence.  

Here the bathroom windows have been removed and painted.  Now I have no excuse to get out of the G word though I have a cunning plan.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Going through a box in the very back of a cupboard in the Workshop I have just found a  kit for 4 mm scale Churchward Models GWR 4575 class prairie tank.

Also in the box was a stripped down Bachmann 08 shunter in EWS livery and a Kemilway 4 mm kit of an 82xxx Standard 3MT Prairie tank.

Goodness knows what other hidden and forgotten delights are still to be unearthed.

'Cash in the Attic' eat your heart out.

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Car cleaned, garage sorted. I'm not saying that we had a lot of junk in the garage but the stuff I've thrown out filled the wheelie bin as well as the back of my estate car and there was still some left over. Having not done any modelling to speak of for two weeks I thought that I would be down to the workshop like a rat up a drainpipe as soon as the opportunity presented itself. This evening I could have managed a couple of hours but the mojo wouldn't kick start so I ended up doing a crossword instead. I'm hoping that tomorrow afternoon will be more mojo friendly.  

TTFN

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
On 29/08/2021 at 07:07, polybear said:

Never mind - you can quietly snigger at the thought of just how much money they've blown trying to impress part-goers.....

:rofl:

T'was a very pleasant evening, and I suspect most there would not have been playing the numbers game on the costs (which I'm pretty sure was less than you'd expect), I certainly wasn't.

Adrian

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1