Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

3 hours ago, laurenceb said:

Be interesting to see which one works

I have already had good results with the commercial attractant. The rodent seems to be a bit more savvy than its Bretheren. I also bought 2 traditional type traps the other day on clearance from B&Q for a pound I have baited 1 with each bait and managed not to get my fingers caught in the trap.

I will get the bl00dy thing one way or another 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

Just got back in from a training afternoon down in Broseley.

Running short trains on an indoor line and longer ones out doors.

It was quite nippy, not helped by me not having put on an extra layer of clothes.

I was still dressed for going to the pharmacy this morning and getting my flu jab.

On the rodent front, our traps appear to be running at 50% efficiency.  Bait two, get one....

Sounds like some from of knitting technique.

I've decided that providing the rain holds off, tomorrow will see the lawns get a good cut:  Usually I put this off so early in October, and then end up with everything too wet to cut, so it ends up like a forest by the time the spring comes.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Realising that Telford  & environs are somewhat north of the West Country, it would be remiss of me at this juncture not to mention the annual, every-year-without-fail-apart-from-the last-two-years, SWAG Members' Day extravaganza in Taunton.

There will be cake.

There will be pasties.

There will be pie.

There will also be some of the finest layouts to grace these pages and appear at several discerning exhibitions within the UK.

Your attendance, ladies & gentlemen, would be most welcome, should you find yourself in the vicinity on Sunday 24th April, 2022.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Premium

I don't know whether anyone else here is having the same trouble but if I try to log on to RMW using my iPad, as soon as the site page appears so does the 'we care about your privacy' box and that's it - doesn't matter which buttons I press nothing happens. Access via my laptop, PC and iPhone are unaffected but since the iPad is my device of choice as a good compromise between screen size and portability it's annoying. I PM'd Andy Y about it and he tells me that folk have been reporting the issue since last week but so far he and the team can't find out what is wrong. I've tried clearing the cache, using a different browser and uninstalling redundant programs to clear up space but all to no avail. Bu**er.

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 11

Afternoon all,

My last proper day at my current school today (thankfully). Tomorrow I’m just here for four hours or take the PSAT, then I’m off until Monday for fall (autumn) break. 

In other news I was eating breakfast downtown on Saturday at my usual haunt and saw this pen. Very confusing.

FDC69198-475F-468C-88E8-E62E5C921352.jpeg.7933c2e91f7d6def44b40e3144b61056.jpeg

Douglas

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Realising that Telford  & environs are somewhat north of the West Country, it would be remiss of me at this juncture not to mention the annual, every-year-without-fail-apart-from-the last-two-years, SWAG Members' Day extravaganza in Taunton.

There will be cake.

There will be pasties.

There will be pie.

There will also be some of the finest layouts to grace these pages and appear at several discerning exhibitions within the UK.

Your attendance, ladies & gentlemen, would be most welcome, should you find yourself in the vicinity on Sunday 24th April, 2022.

Nicely said, Stu - but don't you owe it to these sensitive souls to warn them about those they might meet? 

• Like 7
  • Funny 1

Catching up a bit here

We have decamped to the motherland again to see the various members of Mrs SM42's family. 

FIL still awaiting an operation and has an appointment on Monday to see if he is fit enough for it this time around

In the interests of getting fit we have already polished ( or should that be Polished) off a bottle of vodka.

We used to get grass snakes in the pond at my parents. It started as an ornamental pond but became more wildlife pond as time went  on.

Mum was in the garden one day and heard a strange screech from the pond and on investigation found a grass snake had caught a frog. 

Grabbing a nearby oar ( don't ask) she hit the snake on the head and it released the frog. 

A mission to catch said snake then commenced using an old sweet jar and lots if prodding. 

Eventually we were successful and we released it at a nearby nature reserve. 

We were quite surprised as it sped off across the ground at how big this snake was. At least 4ft of it.  It seemed like about a foot at the time of capture. 

Andy

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

I don't know whether anyone else here is having the same trouble but if I try to log on to RMW using my iPad, as soon as the site page appears so does the 'we care about your privacy' box and that's it - doesn't matter which buttons I press nothing happens. Access via my laptop, PC and iPhone are unaffected but since the iPad is my device of choice as a good compromise between screen size and portability it's annoying. I PM'd Andy Y about it and he tells me that folk have been reporting the issue since last week but so far he and the team can't find out what is wrong. I've tried clearing the cache, using a different browser and uninstalling redundant programs to clear up space but all to no avail. Bu**er.

Dave

Since the last software change, when I sign on to RMweb using my iPad, it gets rejected, and it takes another go to sign in successfully.

• Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I have a question  for the flying  TNMers. 

Yesterday as I flew through the stratosphere at 550mph ( in what is laughingly called the cruise,) I was dozing gently as one does, when I was rudely awakened by the plane going over a hump back bridge. 

Now I accept that turbulence is caused probably  by air flowing about in the sky , but how do the guys up the front know when to expect it and turn the seatbelt light on?

Andy

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Northroader said:

Since the last software change, when I sign on to RMweb using my iPad, it gets rejected, and it takes another go to sign in successfully.

Doesn't matter how many times I try, the same thing happens with the privacy box.

Let's hear it for software updates. If all updates were 100% able to take into account the updates of all other programs I guess all would be OK but as it is the trouble it entails for Andy Y and his like is considerable.

Dave  

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

3 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Let's hear it for software updates. If all updates were 100% able to take into account the updates of all other programs I guess all would be OK but as it is the trouble it entails for Andy Y and his like is considerable.

Dave  

Oh, yes!! Indeed it does.

Edited by pH
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, AndyID said:

Isn't windshear associated with things like thunderstorms, which have rain and hail for the doppler radar to work off and a completely different phenomenon  which is quite violent compared everyday turbulence?

A clear sky or some relatively innocuous clouds, is there enough stuff out there to be picked up?

Is it the same system but with various levels of warning?

Andy

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

.........the annual, every-year-without-fail-apart-from-the last-two-years, SWAG Members' Day extravaganza in Taunton.

There will be cake.

There will be pasties.

There will be pie.

There will, if at all possible, be me. If you are really unlucky we may be able to arrange a gang outing of the NHOC*.

Dave

*North Hipposhire Old Codgers 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Doesn't matter how many times I try, the same thing happens with the privacy box.

Dave  

Tell me about it. Our DVT (Design Validation Test) department reported to me. It's one of the main reasons I retired at 57 :D

"Is it working yet?"

"Well, mostly, but there's one little corner case where it occasionally craps out."

"AAARRRRGGGGHHH!!"

Edited by AndyID
moinfo
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10