Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

I think it. just goes to show that for how many f......,.......s that there are, that there are an equal, if not more, number of people who care. Its just that the f...............s get the front page whilst the caring ones get the inside page.

Edited by Winslow Boy
Grammer
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

I think it. just goes to show that for how many f......,.......s that there are, that there are an equal, if not more, number of people who care. Its just that the f...............s get the front page whilst the caring ones get the inside page.

It's very similar to that great British Institution, The Silent Majority.

I

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Received from an anonymous source:

"Sorry, not a fan of Whitty or anyone who lines up with Johnson, Hancock or any other politician.  Too much spouting the official line for a government salary.  The speed at which they extracted the Chief Nurse from the line up for deigning to tell the truth.  I prefer the SAGE scientists, who are arguing against letting the schools back before Easter.  Remember, it was letting the little darlings back in September that caused the deaths in November (and lockdown 2) and letting everyone visit Granny at Christmas that killed her (and meant lockdown 3).  Rhetorical question: which asymptomatic relative killed Capt Tom?  Enough said from the front line. "

I would also add that according to a statement from the family of Sir Tom Moore, and the way that media are reporting his death, that although he has tested positive for the virus, the pneumonia he had been battling for sometime finally beat him. (Although the added complication of Covid did not help.)

It took me 6 months to recover from my first bout of pneumonia, had I not been a very fit and active individual at the time, I have no doubt it would have killed me.  My sister who is an RGN and runs a care home tells me that pneumonia is the illness that they dread any of their residents contracting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Even if corvid wasn't  there its likely that pneumonia would have taken Captain Tom. I spent the greater part of my career dealing with salaries and pensions and quite a few death certificates crossed my desk and pneumonia featured as a contributing to or actual cause of death in at least half of them. 

• Informative/Useful 8

4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Prof Witty was asked to comment on this on yesterday's press conference. 

He was extremely magnanimous towards the young man and played down what must have been a particularly unpleasant and unwarranted incident. 

Rob. 

So, we now have a sheep, a polar bear, a hippo, the Welsh dragon, a cowboy (me), and a German classical music composer! What next:jester::jester:

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I hope they take a serious look at this to find out the people behind this 'Covid is a sham' thing. The participants all seem to have too few brain cells to think it up themselves.

This is of course the Pandora's Box that social media has opened - there's no way to shut it.  The vociferous morons shout down the quiet, learned, intelligent experts, and there we go, covidiots.  And they breed.....help us....

One can only hope they catch it and Darwinism sorts them out.

• Agree 10

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Florence Locomotive Works said:

So, we now have a sheep, a polar bear, a hippo, the Welsh dragon, a cowboy (me), and a German classical music composer! What next:jester::jester:

You missed out the Zoo Keeper or Ringmaster, Andy, our glorious leader! 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

Then some poor medic has to treat them while they are shouting " there is no such thing as covid stop lying admit I have got cancer" or some such rubbish

I'd feel inclined to tell him that indeed it is cancer and he's only got a week to live.:D

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Well there is the known and well reported case of the Covid denier from Shrewsbury who must have died of nothing, 

Wouldn't being without a brain be fatal?

It seems that I am in the minority who get after effects from the AZ juice. Yesterday I spent half of it in bed with the shivers, headache and overall feeling of yuk as well as my normal aches and pains being a lot worse. Today it has been subsiding though and as long as the stuff does its stuff I couldn't care less. Funny, though, that no vaccine I've ever had before has had the slightest effect. Must be old age I suppose.

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

It seems that I am in the minority who get after effects from the AZ juice. Yesterday I spent half of it in bed with the shivers, headache and overall feeling of yuk as well as my normal aches and pains being a lot worse. Today it has been subsiding though and as long as the stuff does its stuff I couldn't care less. Funny, though, that no vaccine I've ever had before has had the slightest effect. Must be old age I suppose.

Dave

You are not alone although you seem to have suffered for slightly longer than I did. 

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

I seem to have done ok for many years.

Although the alternative is that I do have a brain and on my death, my brain will be worth a fortune, as it is completely unused!

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

2 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Neighbours and friend who've had the vaccine are reporting various side effects, but they are fully recovered.

Three people (all women) who have had the AstraZeneca vaccine that we know all felt like they had flu for 24 hours but recovered very quickly 

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

I’ve got a friend in health care who is getting his vaccine at some point this week. Most of his coworkers have had it, and all reported flu like symptoms for 24 hours. However it does seem to go away after a day.

Im not expecting to get the vaccine until probably 9 months from now, as I’m in USA stage 4 or 5. 

Douglas

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 minutes ago, Florence Locomotive Works said:

I’ve got a friend in health care who is getting his vaccine at some point this week. Most of his coworkers have had it, and all reported flu like symptoms for 24 hours. However it does seem to go away after a day.

Im not expecting to get the vaccine until probably 9 months from now, as I’m in USA stage 4 or 5. 

Douglas

I daresay that  will be the immune system making lots of  nice antibodies. 

I've  heard  similar  reports following  a flu jab

Andy

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, SM42 said:

I've  heard  similar  reports following  a flu jab

I had my flu jab a couple of weeks back with no adverse effects at all. I'm a while away from my covid jab though as I'm group 9.

Andi

• Friendly/supportive 7