Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

just give me your Penderyn and admit you find some sheep pretty, and we have a deal.

Ahem. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

It's a baaagain.           Boyo. 

Dave

Best get some Wenglish learnt before this afternoon.

We'll start with the first few lines of  the National anthem: (Get a good mouthful of spit first, it helps)

My Hen laid a haddock on top of a tree

My mother she cooked it, we ate it for tea.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Best get some Wenglish learnt before this afternoon.

We'll start with the first few lines of  the National anthem: (Get a good mouthful of spit first, it helps)

My Hen laid a haddock on top of a tree

My mother she cooked it, we ate it for tea.

At last the Welsh anthem starts to make sense!

Dave

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

To get away from the tribes on either side of Offa's , has anyone ever had the problem, when assembling things like buffers where there are small coil springs.   The springs often nest together and are the devil to get apart without either losing or destroying one of them.   Today I have thoroughly cleaned out two shower traps. These are the type that don't have a P trap below but rely on to springs pushing a part upwards to make a seal.  One of them was sticking  bit and when I completely dismantled it I found the reason, one end had 2 springs nested together where there should only be one.  The offending extra was a tad out of gauge and made the seal unit slightly stiff to operate.  Anyway it's all back together now and I now have a spare spring in case one gets lost during another cleaning session.  The only problem now is where to put the spare spring so that it doesn't get lost.   Happy days.

The kitchen is starting to smell of roast chicken.

Jamie

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

To get away from the tribes on either side of Offa's , has anyone ever had the problem, when assembling things like buffers where there are small coil springs.   The springs often nest together and are the devil to get apart without either losing or destroying one of them.   

Kadee couplings come to mind....

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

To get away from the tribes on either side of Offa's , has anyone ever had the problem, when assembling things like buffers where there are small coil springs.   The springs often nest together and are the devil to get apart without either losing or destroying one of them.   Today I have thoroughly cleaned out two shower traps. These are the type that don't have a P trap below but rely on to springs pushing a part upwards to make a seal.  One of them was sticking  bit and when I completely dismantled it I found the reason, one end had 2 springs nested together where there should only be one.  The offending extra was a tad out of gauge and made the seal unit slightly stiff to operate.  Anyway it's all back together now and I now have a spare spring in case one gets lost during another cleaning session.  The only problem now is where to put the spare spring so that it doesn't get lost.   Happy days.

The kitchen is starting to smell of roast chicken.

Jamie

Don't forget where you put it.

Remember  because it's now a spring chicken!

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

I put tiny springs on something like an old jewellers screwdriver shaft. Bigger ones on bit of rod or tube. I don’t know if there is a proper way to insert springs but it does seem that two hands are not sufficient. 

Edited by Tony_S
Officer Crabtree predictive text corrected
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5