Dapol Announce New Batch of N Gauge MK3 DVT's including Sets

sc2016

3 hours ago, davebem said:

Excellent news, i hope theres a rerun of the loco hauled mk3s, although I think i can get away with putting the DVT on the end of a farish mk2f rake.

The EBW sets were up to 4 MK2F FOs, MK3 RFM, up to 6 MK2F SOs

There is even a clip in YouTube in the Executive/Swallow era of such a set with a BlueGrey MK1 BG between the DVT and the trailing MK2F FO

es grüßt

pc 

Edited by Padishar Creel
Correction of rake details
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Padishar Creel said:

I see there is an announcement already for the loco hauled coaches, including the BlueGrey Sleepers. Have you / has Dapol corrected the art-work for them?

es grüßt

pc 

Yes - they are all totally new artwork.

@Adam1701D I notice that the five car Chiltern set includes an FO and the artwork shows one car with the Business Zone branding which on the real trains is the ex-restaurant/buffet car included in the sets when the sliding plug doors were introduced. At least two of the sets still had the restaurant buffet car next to the DVT when I saw them at Marylebone last month..

Edited by Mike Harvey

On 03/11/2023 at 07:29, tiger said:

...Fingers crossed that the colour palate is finally corrected on the Intercity Swallow release....

This was my immediate thought on seeing the e-mail from Rails. Took one look at the photos of the samples and could immediately see the colours had at long last been corrected (14 years...?). Pre-order is in, looks like my existing Swallow DVT will be living out its days in "early privatisation awaiting red paint" state at the end of my Virgin Mk3 rake!

Alan 

• RMweb Premium

Nice that the livery issues with the Mk3s sleepers (blue/grey & Intercity for me please!) have been corrected.

I'll probably replace my existing four and potentially add a second rake. 

@Adam1701D have you given any thought to doing the white roof Mk3 Sleepers used on BR's Land Cruise trains? Ditto Pullman branded Mk3a FO?

Steven B.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike at C&M said:

One omission from the loco-hauled Mark 3 list is the buffet car in blue/grey. I have e-mailed Dapol to suggest that this be added to the list.

BR100.jpg.fdaa85997cbb3865f90a17d56143c124.jpg

The problem with the Dapol RFM is that it has 4 window bays, where these had 3 window bays and a different window arrangement for the catering section (a RUB).

New tooling would be required

es grüßt

pc 

25 minutes ago, Adam1701D said:

I have replied to Mike regarding the blue/grey Mk3 loco-hauled buffets. Any more details of these would be appreciated, as I only remember the Mk1s in use.

In this clip there are examples.

In BR Blue days catering loco-hauled MK3s used versions with 3 seating bays not 4 per Dapol model.

Also search Stafford Station 1986 in YouTube and watch the Alan Harrison clips on the Kartwheelkarl channel.

Oxford Models produced a version in 00 do many pics in the web

Hope this helps

es grüßt

pc 

Edited by Padishar Creel
Added loco-hauled for clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

So that looks like a MK3 TSO, MK1 RBR, MK3 RB?, MK2F? TSO all in one train!

The reason for the having both Mark 1 and Mark 3 catering vehicles in the same train was that the Mark 3 catering vehicles were so new that they hadn't been passed to be used in service by themselves. So effectively, the Mark 3 buffet is on test in the train photographed.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen the images of the samples which look good. However I've noticed something wrong with the Intercity Swallow titles - the font is not correct! I've long wondered why the letters never looked quite right on Dapol models (86, HST, Mk3s etc)... and it's because it is a similar, but not actually correct.

I've quickly put some images together:

Top left:Bachmann 90

Bottom left: HST power car

Bottom Right: graphics from a trusted site

Top right: Dapol DVT

The Dapol version is squashed vertically. Look at the top of the 'E' - it's much shorter than the correct artwork. The swoop on the 'R' is slightly curved on the Dapol version. There are many subtle differences, but it's not authentic.

Can this not be rectified? 

b671f1bc665cc7456d8f4b542aa8fb47.jpg