KR Models announce the Bulleid Leader

KR Models

I ordered a grey no crest one yesterday and paid the first instalment.

The website was mucking about quite a bit and it took around six attempts before I could get it to go through the whole ordering process, However, I have now received all the acknowledgements that the order has gone through properly.

Ray

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 70E said:

Can anyone tell me if they take payment upfront or at the time of despatch. On checkout you have to tick 'I have read the T&C's'  box yet there are none to read?

It's pre order in advance.  We are only making enough to cover orders, so we won't be holding stock.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, scots region said:

@Krmodels, I can't find the option to pay by instalments, any ideas? 

If I remember. Go through the check out process. When it’s the payment box, step 4 or 5, it gives you the split payment option. Check this snd it takes you to the split payment provider. 

16 minutes ago, miles73128 said:

If I remember. Go through the check out process. When it’s the payment box, step 4 or 5, it gives you the split payment option. Check this snd it takes you to the split payment provider. 

Ah thanks for that, well hope for the best. 

Just ordered a Leader! 
can’t wait, but I’ll be seeing the GT3 and the Fell before that and Hornby’s W1 ‘hush-hush’!

The makings of my One-offs and Weirdo’s shed! 
Now I’d like to see someone do an RTR version of the BR 11001.

There’s only a Judith Edge kit available and I’m all thumbs when it comes to kits. Though whether or not there’s enough interest for it I don’t know. Thankfully that’s what EOI forms are for.

• Agree 1

On 13/02/2021 at 15:36, WisTramwayMan said:

Have they specified what running numbers they will be ? The grey ones should be 36001 - an accurate combination of the only one to run + the only livery it carried - but given the black livery is fictitious and that the basic frames for 36002 + 36003 existed, isn't there a case for linking the black livery to one, or both, of these ? Might generate more sales for KRM too (ie, those who'd want more than one - it'd make me think).

Whilst very pleased that at long last a R-T-R model of the Leader is being produced, I agree with the above suggestion that it would good for some of the models to carry numbers other than 36001. 

I too have just ordered a grey version.

I would have ordered another in black with a number of 36002, but sadly it appears that it will not be made.

More than the basic frames for 36002 + 36003 existed.  As mentioned in Kevin Robertson's book  'The Leader Project', when the construction of Leaders 36002 & 36003 was halted, 36002 was only two days away from being ready for steaming.   Judging by the pictures of 36003, it looked to be in a fairly advance state of construction.  Thus one would only have to bend history a very little to be able to run 36001 and 36002 at the same time, and then run 36003 with some additional bending.

It would be great if KR Models could reconsider their numbering strategy and, at the very least, produce 36002 alongside 36001.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JRAS said:

It would be great if KR Models could reconsider their numbering strategy and, at the very least, produce 36002 alongside 36001.   

Aaaaand the problem with renumbering is.....?

(point being that this is a release of a pretty esoteric one-off, and you want KRM to provide an even more esoteric never-happened)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else still having some issues with the website? I put my pre-order in last month using the payment plan option, and while it seems to have all gone through fine (from the perspective of money leaving my bank account ;)) the order isn't showing in my Order History or Transactions. 

I'm hoping it's not fallen through a crack in the internet :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Edge said:

Any word/indication from KR models on how the project is going? I mean in terms of the uptake so far - as nice as it would be to see an EP i don't think that thats too reasonable :)

2 hours ago, mattkimster said:

Is anyone else still having some issues with the website? I put my pre-order in last month using the payment plan option, and while it seems to have all gone through fine (from the perspective of money leaving my bank account ;)) the order isn't showing in my Order History or Transactions. 

I'm hoping it's not fallen through a crack in the internet :scratchhead:

Have either of you asked KR Models directly?

• Agree 3

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Edge said:

Any word/indication from KR models on how the project is going? I mean in terms of the uptake so far - as nice as it would be to see an EP i don't think that thats too reasonable :)

There will be an EP when they have on and not before. There IS an EP of the Fell so it's reasonable to assume this is further along the path to completion. KR is a tiny company and this is a niche product. Be patient. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

42 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

There will be an EP when they have on and not before. There IS an EP of the Fell so it's reasonable to assume this is further along the path to completion. KR is a tiny company and this is a niche product. Be patient. 

My original post was saying how unreasonable it would be for me to expect an EP already. Was simply curious as to how things were going with the uptake

1 minute ago, Edge said:

My original post was saying how unreasonable it would be for me to expect an EP already. Was simply curious as to how things were going with the uptake

Tooling hasn't even started yet. EP's are still quite a ways off. Once we have our CADs polished and primed, we can show those off.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, KR Models said:

Please use the email if you want a direct answer.

I had emailed three times over the past few weeks to check whether my order had gone through ok depsite nothing showing on my account section of the website, but haven't recieved a reply as yet. Is info@krmodels.co.uk the best email to use? 

Thanks! 

5 hours ago, mattkimster said:

I had emailed three times over the past few weeks to check whether my order had gone through ok depsite nothing showing on my account section of the website, but haven't recieved a reply as yet. Is info@krmodels.co.uk the best email to use? 

Thanks! 

No, info@krmodels.co.uk doesnt get checked at all. Email me personally at michael@krmodels.co.uk

• Like 1