KR Models announce the Bulleid Leader

KR Models

• RMweb Gold

I had a payment go out this last week or so too ;) 

On 24/06/2021 at 07:47, Philip Jackson said:

A Southern Green one would look awesome

Southern Malachite Green, Sunshine Yellow Lining and lettering in transition to BR would be awesome.

• 1 month later...

Last payment just gone out of my account.

in the spirit of my inner petulant child I would now like to know when in the next three days I can expect my fully finished and perfectly engineered model :) 

Edited by Edge

On 27/06/2021 at 20:07, toboldlygo said:

I had a payment go out this last week or so too ;) 

Southern Malachite Green, Sunshine Yellow Lining and lettering in transition to BR would be awesome.

not quite transition livery BR, but fairly close :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Edge said:

in the spirit of my inner petulant child I would now like to know when I’m the next three days I can expect my full finished and perfectly engineered model :) 

Mine went through yesterday as well.

Ray

18 hours ago, Edge said:

in the spirit of my inner petulant child I would now like to know when I’m the next three days I can expect my full finished and perfectly engineered model :) 

Cor that was quick, probably the same for myself too then! Sweet.

Did you get a mail saying it was complete?

Grand Job, Yes I got the final Scheduled payment too sorted, Really handy that way, Missus does not suspect anything and you hardly notice the cash going out.

When the box comes, 'Oh I ordered this about 5 years ago...forgot all about it.. tis Just a coach."

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered their GT3 which arrived in April this year. I have no link with KR Models, but I was more than happy with the quality of the model. There are bound to be teething problems with a new company when they are starting out when you compare them with the big boys like Hornby or Bachmann. Having watched both Kevin and Mike on Face time, they are both genuine and earnest and are trying to cover a gap in the market that other manufacturers don't think are worth covering.

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I would have ordered one of these, but decided against doing so as this manufacturer has yet to deliver any of several products that I've ordered and paid for, 

Is there any risk when you order by credit card?

37 minutes ago, Crepello said:

Is there any risk when you order by credit card?

Good question.

Section 75 protection should apply if the firm goes bust., probably even if it's a foreign firm.

But it applies only to single items over £100, so locos should be covered, probably not wagons etc.

Not sure if that applies using a payment plan, where instalments might be less than £100 and via the supplier's finance company.

There doesn't appear to be any deadline for claims, and so it would presumably still cover orders placed a few years ago - but it would seem unreasonable if I could claim for example on say defective goods I bought ten years ago.

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, phil gollin said:

Oh great !

Another set of people who want to panic.

Go out and queue for some petrol.

I was just angling to see why people were cautious when placing advance orders. I had full a full refund from my card company when DJ went bust, so didn't see why hesitation was appropriate. Place the order and get the model is my mantra.

On 27/09/2021 at 20:19, Pre Grouping fan said:

From todays newsletter it appears BR lined green and BR Blue with yellow ends has been added to the production run as a 200 piece per livery limited edition. 

I would have preferred the green with late crest to have a yellow panel. But then again the Southern Region was slow at implementing these...

Luke