KR Models announce the Bulleid Leader

KR Models

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

to be honest i think it looks brilliant. I can't wait.

I am frustrated by those who criticise the most trivial items - "the widgets along the top are at slightly the wrong angle and this means i cannot buy the model" - yet are content to run their trains on totally underscale train set track, use budgie grit as ballast or have cavernous gaps between corridor connections. All modelling is a compromise between accuracy and the cost of production and i think this model captures the look and feel of the original excellently.

• Like 8
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

12 hours ago, Chris Chewter said:

Snapped earlier today at Ally Pally:

IMG_5094.jpeg.f29582ad8fb0ca9fa18efe1c04dc0376.jpeg

Thanks for the news. Good to see an update as I thought things were a bit quiet here recently.

4 hours ago, JSpencer said:

Thanks for the news. Good to see an update as I thought things were a bit quiet here recently.

It's just a painted sample of an old body shell, so its about 6/7 months old now, as it's still not attached to the chassis, which was still a problem back then which was being resolved... unfortunately not the other 25 things which are not right but hey ho...

For @ikcdab If you are going to make a model make it properly... because unfortunately those who are in the know will know.. and as a modeller and a person who knows about it... and lets forget the track being 3.5mm and the body being 4mm, as that will never change... and its been accepted... plus people can re-gauge if they want to.. but if you don't do your research is it worth the price being paid. As modellers we always want more in terms of detail and correctness from spokes, to correct wheels, rivets being flush or not, missing end of the day if you don't do your research it will always be a comprise to what you give the factory to make.
Plus we all model differently, most accurate wagons, carriages, locos but budgie grit for ballast and Peco code 100.
And yes ok we get a model of Leader... great. But for me, and I will speak for myself the errors especially blatant ones annoy me, as its not about cost... just down to research which is available if they look.

Edited by Bluebell Model Railway
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Bluebell Model Railway said:

It's just a painted sample of an old body shell, so its about 6/7 months old now, as it's still not attached to the chassis, which was still a problem back then which was being resolved... unfortunately not the other 25 things which are not right but hey ho...

Perso, I was finding KR themselves to be relatively quiet but as they were at the show over the weekend, it was good to hear something about them.

Despite it's flaws, I am tempted to order a second leader....

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

or even the whole class?

Yeah I could do a layout with only Bulleids like as if he became chief mechanical engineer of BR. 

And thus it came to be for the whole of BR was full with Bulleid diesels, Bulleid Electrics, the west countries growing to cover all regions, the merchant navies on all the mainlines, the Q1s covering all freights, but even all of those would bow before the Leaders....

(Edit : F*in autocorrect)

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

Yeah I could do a layout with only Bullieds like as if he became chief mechanical engineer of BR. 

And thus it came to be for the whole of BR was full with Bullied diesels, Bullied Electrics, the west countries growing to cover all regions, the merchant navies on all the mainlines, the Q1s covering all freights, but even all of those would bow before the Leaders....

There were no "Bullied's" ...

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5