Bachmann Plux22 brake button

metadyneman

Hi, I'm sorry if someone has asked this before but I cannot find any reference to it on here, so someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I've just purchased a Bachmann class 117 DMU and with it the recommended Bachmann (Zimo) decoder. My question is straightforward really. Is there a simple way to disable the brake button function so that I can use the master control on my Dynamis to start & stop the train? I'm not a great lover of using separate bits of my controller to control a train and remembering to dab f2 every time I want to stop the train is not really my bag. Any assistance with this without getting too technical would be gratefully received. Ta

The question is straightforward, but the answer will, of necessity, be a little more involved.

To simply diasable the Brake Key on any ZIMO decoder, make CV309 = 0.

However, the momentum settings CV4 will probably be too high as it may have been set for sustained coasting. (that's why there's a separate brake control to slow or stop the model).

You will, therefore, probably also need to lower the CV4 value to something more comfortable for controlling deceleration with the throttle alone.

Best regards,

Paul

• Like 1

On 04/07/2020 at 21:39, pauliebanger said:

The question is straightforward, but the answer will, of necessity, be a little more involved.

To simply diasable the Brake Key on any ZIMO decoder, make CV309 = 0.

However, the momentum settings CV4 will probably be too high as it may have been set for sustained coasting. (that's why there's a separate brake control to slow or stop the model).

You will, therefore, probably also need to lower the CV4 value to something more comfortable for controlling deceleration with the throttle alone.

Best regards,

Paul

Many thanks for this. It is more or less the answer I was expecting but didn't know the CV number to turn it off. I'll have a play later and see how I get on.