Motor Mounting Help

Hi all,

I'm in the process of remotoring a Hornby Toby chassis to go under a project using a Bachmann Greg motor as I had it to hand and it fits under the body and need advice re mounting the motor. This is my first time doing something like this and I'm unsure exactly how to proceed. The dimensions of the new motor/worm mean I can't use the original mount and I assume just gluing the motor down isn't the best idea? Is it appropriate to 'just' box the motor in with plastic sheet or similar? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've included a couple of pictures of the set up below.

Thanks

20200705_121850.jpg.085dde93872d5c5f67e27175b6b88357.jpg

20200705_121854.jpg.83dc578f0a64cbdb58eb5f708d7b64e5.jpg

I try to make up some form of clamp to hold the ends of the motor down. That way you can change the motor when it fails as these tiny motors seem to do all too regularly.  You need some air to get to the armature on the motor. or it will overheat and fail.  Gluing can work. I Araldited an X04 to a H/D City chassis 30 years ago and it took some removing a few months ago, just make sure no glue gets on the armature.

• Thanks 1

Are those two posts either side of the motor capable of taking screws and 'available'? If so there's your attachment points for a shaped screw down clamp, if you are up for the bending and shaping metal work. Sixteenth inch thick brass sheet will do nicely, take it over the top of the motor from the screw down points to a slot cut in the bottom of the Mazak upstand to take a locating tab on the end of the brass piece. Lots of nice heatsink in contact with the motor too.

• Like 1