Chivers Kits

I've got 2 of those pigeon vans. The 1st one was bought - and built straight away - when first released. Later on at an exhibition I saw another kit, thought "that looks nice, I'll have that", not realising I had one! When I got home I realised, and built it anyway. Lovely kits, didn't realise they are now rare.

Stewart

Edited by stewartingram
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

18 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Mine's not - no sign of etched kits yet :(

If you look at the five79 Facebook page, he mentions that he may initially have to re-release the etches as scratch-aids due to a lack of castings.  I have “liked” this on FB by way of encouragement (especially re the NER CCT).

Looks like This seller on eBay  has timed his/her listing just right.  Can’t see many takers for these bonkers prices in future (note what look like Lima wheelsets, despite being listed as “finescale”...).

Richard

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RichardT said:

If you look at the five79 Facebook page, he mentions that he may initially have to re-release the etches as scratch-aids due to a lack of castings.  I have “liked” this on FB by way of encouragement (especially re the NER CCT).

Looks like This seller on eBay  has timed his/her listing just right.  Can’t see many takers for these bonkers prices in future (note what look like Lima wheelsets, despite being listed as “finescale”...).

Richard

if i remember correctly I paid £28..00 for one from him direct. I expect tey will be more now.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, RichardT said:

Richard

Thanks - I've not seen that response.

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, Paul Cram said:

if i remember correctly I paid £28..00 for one from him direct. I expect tey will be more now.

Well, at second hand and unmade, somebody wanted this one £45 bad.

Screenshot_20200706-193422.png

I see that the N gauge OTA kit is slated for reintroduction - great news. I have just finished scratchbuilding an N gauge OTA (admittedly not the same type of OTA as the Chivers version), as detailed in my little layout thread...

… which is proof that the Law of Synonym-For-Turf is alive and well!

Anyway, I wish this new venture every success.

Mat

• Like 1

must admit that i am happy about this, as they are the easiest kits to put together i have ever built.

No castings, not a problem, just use the spares from accurascale for the wagons. Dont know about the others.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I have one of the old etched Stanier Reverse Veranda Brakevan kits in my stash. It looks to be a well thought-out kit, albeit a little bit basic on the detail side of things. I know quite a few of Roger's etched kits tend to turn up on ebay and go for silly prices, so even as scratch-building aids they would be welcomed.

13 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

Well, at second hand and unmade, somebody wanted this one £45 bad.

Screenshot_20200706-193422.png

Aaaarrrr! T’bay o’thieves makin’ hay while sun shines. 

But do thieves, or even pirates, actually make hay?

• Funny 1