32-217A LT Pannier Tank L92

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, 2750Papyrus said:

Can anyone confirm the type of motor fitted?  The LT example is very appealing but I have already bought one Bachmann tank engine which is unusable on my layout as it has a coreless motor, and would not wish to repeat the mistake.

This is an interesting question. My advice is to ring Barwell ASAP to obtain a definitive answer on this.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 29/07/2020 at 21:17, 2750Papyrus said:

Can anyone confirm the type of motor fitted?  The LT example is very appealing but I have already bought one Bachmann tank engine which is unusable on my layout as it has a coreless motor, and would not wish to repeat the mistake.

Whilst fitting a crew this morning I took a photo of the motor for reference on here.

1384589200_DSCN6993(2).JPG.c9a0b0b35327251f05dd63c2bdce8fc0.JPG

• Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this, Robin.

I did send Bachmann a message on Thursday morning asking the question.  I had a reply at lunchtime from a collectors' club lady saying she had passed the question on to her technical colleagues, who would be in touch shortly.  I will post the response when received!

I will not be buying this model myself, but  Derails are showing an availability of 2 of the LT variant if anyone is looking.

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, 2750Papyrus said:

Thanks for posting this, Robin.

I will not be buying this model myself, but  Derails are showing an availability of 2 of the LT variant if anyone is looking.

Just for info, that’s a standard wound Bachmann motor, not coreless.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 29/07/2020 at 16:42, Steamport Southport said:

*Apart from the lined black one which would have been kept very clean.

Part of the problem is that they were kept so busy that they were usually rather dirty, I believe (info from Pannier Papers I think)

Luke

On 24/07/2020 at 10:11, gwrrob said:

As the late, great Cyril Freezer might have said, a black 5 even in floral wallpaper livery is still a black 5.:D

Well........

Black Fives Matter! 

Hat, coat, etc....

• Funny 1

Sorted mine today.

DCC sound using a Loksound V4 Micro with wheeltappers file

rail exclusive ‘baby boomer’ speaker

train-o-matic stay alive

Head/tail lamps on front,

headlamp and flashing br tail lamp on rear

firebox flicker

cab painted turquoise to suit with details picked out.

just need to add crew and fire iron/shovel now i guess.

AGR Model Store had another 2 in stock when i picked mine up.

A29ADF64-EA43-4BF8-AB64-91321730F070.jpeg

FF725951-7A1E-4649-87D4-4363CC41FFEF.jpeg

BBC4C158-0D66-4C74-8DF8-DBE7A66B5C83.jpeg

Edited by Erixtar1992
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, luke_stevens said:

Part of the problem is that they were kept so busy that they were usually rather dirty, I believe (info from Pannier Papers I think)

Luke

That's the issue I'm missing. Apart from that one got a full set now. Great books but watch the captions I've noticed a few of them are wrong throughout the series.

One in The Prairie Papers says that 5193 was always a South Western loco. Yet it spent the majority of it's life at Stourbridge and other places in the Midlands.

Exact quote "It was a West Country engine from new, coming to St Blazey via Laira in 1955 and staying there as the only 5100 in Cornwall until withdrawn in 1962"

Yet in the allocations section it has all the allocations and they match up with other published sources and seem correct. I won't list them here but it starts with - 

Stourbridge 20/10/34 with no mention of anywhere in the SW until 1952.

Jason

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/07/2020 at 08:05, gwrrob said:

I'll be interested to know how well this version sells compared to say the wartime black GWR example. Not long to wait now.

Well.

Still plenty of "normal" ones. But all the red ones seem to have now gone apart for a few lurking in the lesser known retailers.

I saw one which seemed lonely so got it. :D

Jason

• Thanks 1

Anything else with that livery though?

They've already done a few of the other Panniers and the Prairie tank L150/5521, the LT BR style brake vans and some wagons (3 and 5 planks I think). ISTR seeing photographs of them working 16 ton mineral wagons.

I was looking at the RT Models brake van as something a bit different.

https://www.rtmodels.co.uk/rt_models_034.htm

Something like this. But not as dirty.

spacer.png

Photo Wiki Commons - can't find a name

Jason

• Thanks 1

Lucky enough to already have an old Bachmann wagon pack with the LT brake van and 1 or 2 plank wagons, sourced many moons ago on eBay!

I had no idea what else ran in LT livery.

I do like the brake van you show thank you, though sadly my skills would fall well short of being able to build and paint one myself.

Note to self - keep an eye out for the Prairie.