Hornby Buses 100 new announcement

Hilux5972

2 hours ago, Talltim said:

The bit that really puts me off is the massive gap between the top and bottom decks

So the top comes off neatly when driven through a low bridge?

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

I think I must be getting old, because the thing that’s amazed me wasn’t the livery, or the fact that such a bus never went near their factory, but the price ...... nearly £20 a piece for a 00 bus.

Actually according to the Hornby website, these are £38.99 each which is mind boggling for a distinctly average diecast bus...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Hroth said:

There's mugs and pens available already!

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2020/centenary-year-collectables-Hornby-centenary-mug.html

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2020/centenary-year-collectables-Hornby-pen.html

Now you've mentioned it, a hat in a US Loco Engineers style is sure to follow...  :jester:

Anticipating with dread tie-in offerings from Airfix and Scalextric.

I must humbly apologise for crediting Hornby with more taste and restraint than they actually have!

Mike.

• Funny 2

5 hours ago, Johann Marsbar said:

Don't think anyone has made a model of one of these yet.....

let alone one of these....

Ribble: modelbuszone.co.uk/images_model_kits/TinyTK4/Ribble.jpg

Actually the last model bus kit I made!

Liverpool:

I'm sure I've seen one somewhere but can't find it.  

Model Bus Zone lists everything that has been available if you want to search)

(Not sure why everything is underlined, can't get rid of it).

Stewart

I think they have definitely missed a trick here. if they had produced a bus in a genuine livery but plastered with a Hornby advertisement, the bus modellers would have bought it to strip off the ad and use the bus without the non-authentic adverts, and the value of every pristine collectors model would have been enhanced. And there was a real one. Corgi does not have the right casting for it, but a preserved East Kent bus wore Hornby and Scalextric adverts in fairly recent times. Here it is at Herne Bay in 2007:-

DSC00057.JPG

DSC00059.JPG

DSC00085.JPG

• Like 7

The Base Lodekka is a different bus to the OOC (Hornby) version entirely. Easiest place to look - the bottom of the windows on the rhs of the cab. There are a miriad of other details between the 2 eras of Lodekka as well.

The OOC one was almost a super-detailed diecast bus, with some wire handrails and even the blind winders at the front. But they are both good models.

Stewart

Edited by stewartingram
  • Like 1

On 07/07/2020 at 19:10, stewartingram said:

Ha, the Fanfare Resin PD3/ MCW as used by Ribble was the first bus kit I did.

The Liverpool Atlantean was done as a conversion kit by Jon Fitness (he of 7mm signals fame), originally in white metal and later in resin. To be applied to the standard EFE Atlantean/ MCW. Jon did some other conversion kits as well, the full front PD3 as used by Bolton Corporation to adapt the CMC plastic kit, plus another conversion kit to make a rear entrance version of same.

All very handy for those of us with Lancashire origins in the mid. 20th century.

John.