‘Overload’ / shorting?

holgateroad

Hi. Just finished powering all my points, which are Peco 75 Bullhead (which claim do no need isolating fishplates) and have powered the frog. I am getting power overload messages on my Prodigy Advance 2 (I guess this is caused by a short circuit) when a train passes over the join indicated. Not in both directions. The top and bottom arrows indicated the direction of travel. It hasn’t been the same in the opposite direction.

What am I missing? 
NB other points on my layout have been wired similarly and work ok so I wonder if this is unrelated specifically to the points but to something I’ve done wrong? Or something else..

Thanks!

7A3846E3-AF8D-4151-AC9A-90A26038C471.jpeg

If it only happens when trains run across the frog it sounds like you might have wired the frog backwards. Most faults would occur when the route was set not as the train ran. Assuming its the same with a variety of trains and not just a Dean Goods. I can't think of anything else that would cause a short as the train runs over it.  

Dean Goods are not good test locos.  Our Airfix/Mainlne/Hornby Dean used to jump about like a drunken Wallaby and our Oxford one sometimes runs very slowly for no apparent reason.. A pannier tank is a better bet, non split chassis, Something like a  Factory DCC fitted Bachmann 57XX or a 64XX.  Split Chassis Bachmann are often wide to gauge.  Personally I favour a test chassis with pickups on only one axle. That way any dead spots on the track are immediately apparent.