DCC Concepts Light controls

dj_crisp

Hello

I have a few remaining DCC concepts decoders in a few locos that haven't blown. I cannot work out how to dim the lights though? Couldn't find it in the manuals (as it's under advanced which doesn't seem to exist) and using a sprog didn't help. Is it CV 64?

Thanks

Will

1 hour ago, dj_crisp said:

Hello

I have a few remaining DCC concepts decoders in a few locos that haven't blown. I cannot work out how to dim the lights though? Couldn't find it in the manuals (as it's under advanced which doesn't seem to exist) and using a sprog didn't help. Is it CV 64?

Yes if its one of the original early decoders according to the documentation from the makers.    The brightness settings are under the "lights" tab on the JMRI file for those decoders. 

(No idea if the feature works or not,  I don't have any of those decoders.  )

- Nigel

Thanks Nigel

I think you're right as I've not been able to make any changes to the light intensity. So will give up.

Last night I tried to play with improving the slow speed running in a pair of Heljans but can only achieve that with BEMF switched on.... then its really slow and noisy and jumps when transitioning to normal running. Overall seems a really hard decoder to get right.

Cheers

Will

• RMweb Premium

On 07/07/2020 at 07:58, dj_crisp said:

Thanks Nigel

I think you're right as I've not been able to make any changes to the light intensity. So will give up.

Have you changed CV49 upwards to make the outputs act as a dimmed light? They won't dim unless told to do so

I can't remember the exact number, but the defaults are CV49=0 and CV50=16 (white wire forwards only full brigthness, yellow wire reverse only full brightness)

Look at the Zen Black manuals online - I believe the lighting CVs are still the same.

Pause to look at manual:

A quick look and Cv49=12, CV50=28 with the dim level set by Cv64 with a range of 1-15

• Thanks 1

On 06/07/2020 at 18:44, dj_crisp said:

Hello

I have a few remaining DCC concepts decoders in a few locos that haven't blown. .....?

Thanks

Will

Did you try returning your decoders to DCC Concepts?  They say they will offer you a half price replacement for your blown decoder.

14 hours ago, Penrhos1920 said:

Did you try returning your decoders to DCC Concepts?  They say they will offer you a half price replacement for your blown decoder.

To clarify the above.

Part cost replacement: If there is any form of heat or other damage to the decoder heat-shrink, if the heat-shrink is removed or there has been any soldering or modification to the PCB then it will NOT be treated as a full warranty replacement… However we DO want you to be confident and DO understand accidents happen, so we will replace it for a “part cost” of 50% of our current web price (for a single equivalent) plus return post. We would also require to see original proof of purchase as well as the failed decoder.

Best Regards.

The DCC Concepts Team