Steam Engine Cab Details

spacer.pngHello 

I hope everybody is doing fine!

Modelling my Claughton Class 00 body shell I am at the cab interior details like the regulator, break's lever, the fire box door and all the valves.

Even using a resin printer it is not possible to make raised detail of a small size like this. Does anybody know a detail part supplier, where I can order cab detail parts for a steam loco?  I borrowed the picture of this bachman fowler to show what I am looking for.

Thanks 

Have a nice day!

Chris

Edited by PatriotClass

• RMweb Gold

Brassmasters make hand wheels of various sizes and copper pipe can be fashioned from earth wire found in the cable  used to wire house sockets. Twin and earth i think its called.

Markits/Alan Gibson/247 Developments also do detailing parts, just not sure if they do everything. They do sell backheads which have limited detail which can be painted as well.

Ian

Edited by ianLMS
  • Thanks 1

There's a rather nice etch of generic bits and pieces of various types from Mainly Trains, now available through Wizard Models. I don't see the same style of regulator handle as you've got there, but there are plenty of different types of handwheels, reversers (lever and screw), damper handles and some tiny little handles I can only assume are for gauge glass cocks!

mt227.jpg

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/locomotive/mt227/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1