Leeds MRS CIO 23rd 24 th October 2021 is go! Updated Layout , Traders and Demonstrators lists in the updated first post

Barry O

• RMweb Premium

As the Leeds show will be my first ever 'proper' show, I spent today putting together all the pieces of my new show stand in the garage to check everything works/fits as it should:

PXL_20211016_151129997.jpg.61c877e90524188ea3e51f56161b3f65.jpg

Really looking forward to next weekend!

Jonathan

JSModels

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, JSModels said:

As the Leeds show will be my first ever 'proper' show, I spent today putting together all the pieces of my new show stand in the garage to check everything works/fits as it should:

PXL_20211016_151129997.jpg.61c877e90524188ea3e51f56161b3f65.jpg

Really looking forward to next weekend!

Jonathan

JSModels

Looks very nice Jonathan.  See you on Friday!

Baz

• RMweb Premium

Yes.. but you pay for the entrance ticket which includes a small amount to pay for the guide.. and no .. you can't  get a reduction for not wanting a guide..

Baz

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Ever hired a van.. which has a roof so leaky it's full of water??

Despite the delay caused by this we seem to on track for our 10am opening tomorrow.

One of our traders cannot attend as he was taken ill yesterday. Hoping him well!

Baz

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Just wanted to say what a great show this was today - first exhibition visit for a couple of years, really good mixture of scales and eras so something for everyone.  Also a great venue with bags of space.  Standout layout for me was the 'Dunsfold Road' micro, lots going on and beautifully detailed (this was a new one on me, wonder if it has an online presence?)

Would definitely recommend a visit if anyone has a spare couple of hours on Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Enjoyed visiting the show today, my first in almost two years. The venue is excellent, spacious with wide aisles, and lots of free parking on site. We spent a long time watching the goings on at Grantham and had a good look at all the layouts. Favourites for me were diesel themed Reevy Rd West and Wardwood. Trade support was good and varied too. Can't vouch for the catering because we didn't find time to sample the delights unfortunately. Highly recommended if you can get there tomorrow!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Another positive from me too.

My first visit to an exhibition since early 2019 and it was wonderful to be able to enjoy this aspect of the hobby again. 

Well done to the show organisers at Leeds MRS, all the layout exhibitors and traders.  :good:

Well worth a visit tomorrow for anyone in the area. 

Edited by 4630
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

First General Exhibition that I have been to since the start of lockdown.

Well worth the wait. There are some cracking layouts there. I am only sorry that |I could only spend a couple of hours there, as I was en Route from the West of Scotland to Lincolnshire.

Mr Squires relieved me of just short of £100, which was way more than my allocated pocket money.

Great to see Grantham, Herculaneum Dock and Rosedale Depots, just three of the highlights.

There were no 'bad' layouts, all of an excellent standard, and good trade support as well.

I am only sorry that coming at the end of  a fairly expensive weeks holiday, my budget and time couldn't be stretched any further.

Talking to Red Leader, he said that it hadn't been particularly busy.

I do hope that folk turn out in force tomorrow.

Go on, you know that you want to!!

Regards

Ian

• Like 3

My first time at the Leeds show for many years yesterday, and as said above a great selection of layouts including a few I've enjoyed before plus some I hadn't. If you've got time to head over today, well worth the trip. 

• Like 3

Went along this morning, spent a good couple of hours wandering about, picked up some glue which I needed.

Very good selection of layouts and nice to be train watching again.

I wish my school had looked like this one, I would never have left.

Pity about the M62 going back west, a rather slow diversion via the a58 to avoid whatever the trouble is on there added over an hour to my return home.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

First time I've been to Leeds show. Excellent layouts, it would be difficult to pick the best. A few glitches as stuff hasn't been pressed under show conditions but the standard of the modelling made up for that. It didn't matter if there were a few gaps in running as there was so much to take in.

Thanks to Baz and his friends for arranging a fine show, and to all the layout operators for coming to perform for us.. It was great to be back at the barriers watching.

As I hadn't driven through Leeds for about 15 years I avoided the centre and went up the M1 to the Ring Road. Found my way quite easily although I haven't used it for five years, just followed the Ring Road signs and turned right at the Harrogate sign. Bit of a jam at Crossgates but otherwise OK.

3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Pity about the M62 going back west, a rather slow diversion via the a58 to avoid whatever the trouble is on there added over an hour to my return home.

Coming back got a clear run right through to the temporary traffic lights above Woodhead. I thought of coming back via the M62 and Holme Moss but hadn't checked the details so stuck to the way I knew.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I Went to the show this morning and I echo the previous posts. There was a good selection of layouts and it was just really good to get to a show again!

Oh ....I also learnt that spiders are conductive!

Jon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1