What is it?

CFL

I was chipping my Fleischmann T9 CFL locomotive when two identical parts fell off at exactly the same time. I have looked at exploded diagrams of the loco but they do not seem to be shown. Both are metal (thus not broken) and seem to be hinged. If anyone knows then I would be keen to know where they fit, otherwise they have to stay in the box until I find someone with the same loco.

Thanks,

DSCN0103.JPG

• RMweb Premium

Hi CFL,

Do you have some additional pictures, of the model itself?

I looked up CFL and T9 on google, and eventually found this photo. Is this the locomotive of which you have a model? (It was long gone before I ever lived in Luxembourg!).

From the photograph in the link, the piece which you asked about in your message could be the part which is below the bunker, at the rear of the locomotive?

Kind regards,

Dave

• Like 1

Like I said it is the Fleischmann model of the generic T9.3 in CFL livery (3023), I have the same from Liliput (3003) but there are a myriad of detail differences, for instance the Liliput has an open coal bunker (awaiting real coal) but the Fleischmann has the bunker closed with 'steel' plate.

Both were from before I lived, let alone in Luxembourg!

index.jpg

Edited by CFL
add image
  • Like 1

Okay, sol is in the sky so I took some photos of the locos, the first 4 are of the Fleischmann which lost the 2 pieces (they look like covers or drop down steps but none seem to be missing) and the second 4, for comparison, are the 'same' locomotive by  Liliput however as I mentioned before there are an awful lot of detail differences.

If anyone wants a closer view of an area let me know and I will whip the Brownie out again.

Cheers, Ian1145952828_Fleiscmannrear.JPG.94f3bcedd5ff3044ae4b4b66143a3fde.JPG1485303107_Fleiscmannleft.JPG.f8689d640ae7e0316bb94c72ff0b8bf4.JPG1943578377_Fleiscmannfront.JPG.3f7cc52cfd373ff1b939357f89989050.JPG427398829_Fleiscmannright.JPG.bc8aa35ca83b91d4d4fbc793e8eb3627.JPG

2 hours ago, readingtype said:

Are they are the rings at the top of the cab door handrails? MIssing on 3023 right hand side.

Bingo the grabhandles at the top of the door, they are tiny bits of plastic probably only tacked on with a touch of glue and I knocked them off with the wires when fitting the decoder.

I shall send you a coconut forthwith! :D

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1