August 2020 BRM

Howard Smith

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

BRM is in the shops on Thursday - In the current situation, please do not loiter by the racks insisting on autographing people's copies :dirol_mini:

We do - we just can't send them out until they are printed. The PDF of the article will have been for checking. To be fair, contributors copies go out through a different route the subscription copies and those in the shops, so it's not unknown for them to both beat publication, and take a few days afterwards to arrive. I'm wondering why my subs copy always seems to arrive after everyone elses...

I will be available to sign subscriber's and purchaser's copies in the Farleigh Hospice shop in Heybridge this morning and tomorrow afternoon and shifts tbd next week :sungum:

- Richard.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

Hmmm. I'll drop the designer a line and see if we can get it fixed and reuploaded.

We've (OK, @BRMDesign) fixed it - and the preview is now showing correctly. The actual page is still wrong, but this should fix itself as the system refreshes.

Or we need so sacrifice a Tuncocks teacake to the great God of Pocketmags or something. Computers, they'll never catch on, wasn't like this in my day grumble grumble tram ride to Blackpool and back with fish'n'chips for thrupence ha'penny etc. etc.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

6 hours ago, 47137 said:

I will be available to sign subscriber's and purchaser's copies in the Farleigh Hospice shop in Heybridge this morning and tomorrow afternoon and shifts tbd next week :sungum:

- Richard.

Having got a picture & a paragraph in this issue of BRM myself, I have to report that nobody wanted my autograph outside the supermarket either. :rolleyes:

Getting anything at all of mine in BRM is something of an achievement, given the focus of my main modelling interest. :scratchhead: :mosking:  :tease:

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Having also got my first ever paragraph in print, I can confirm I am also available for autographs.

Just send a stamped addressed fiver to.......... :lol_mini:

Cheers,

Phil.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 16/07/2020 at 16:59, Phil Mc said:

Having also got my first ever paragraph in print, I can confirm I am also available for autographs.

Just send a stamped addressed fiver to.......... :lol_mini:

Cheers,

Phil.

Likewise, although I’m not sure I’ll need to spend much time deciding on an autograph. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I collected my saved copy from my local newsagents.

An excellent edition, Upham Market and Boston Frodsham being just up my street!  Both beautifully modelled and very well photographed. (Boston is just up the road from me!). Oulton TMD looking as good as ever.

Great inspiration from Jamie Warne with his construction site - some good tips there.

A very informative view of the Bachmann 117.  IMO there's nothing quite as good as studying and poring over this type of article in print.  I know it sounds strange but for me I feel I can absorb it better.  So much so that I have now ordered a 117!

Fair play to the manufacturers who supply their products for review in magazines.

A brilliant issue of the magazine, which I am enjoying very much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

So I am confused.  I subscribe to BRM and view it online via Exact Editions. I don't get a paper copy. So I feel I am a digital subscriber.

But what I see is a digital version of the paper mag. I don't get a 226 page efition with narrow gauge news or videos.

Is there two versions of digital and how does this work?  How do I see the "proper" digital edition?

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, cravensdmufan said:

Fair play to the manufacturers who supply their products for review in magazines.

Nice of you to recognise they do put themselves out to do it; to their benefit too - please could you drop a line to Margate?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, ikcdab said:

I subscribe to BRM and view it online via Exact Editions

Did you do this via RMweb Gold or directly through Exact?