1 minute ago, WrattingRoad said:

what a stunning line up that is. Need to get an Anglian 90 amongst them! Maybe that’s where mine will slide in in the future?

Super work as usual Jerry 

Just the one? :scratchhead:I think we will be in a position to do an accurate one later this year then it’s a “ must do”!! 

1 hour ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Just the one? :scratchhead:I think we will be in a position to do an accurate one later this year then it’s a “ must do”!! 

Do as many as you like! I want 90012 done eventually. I’ve contacted Illuminated Models to see if they can design a replacement lighting board. If/when I get it and try it out, I’ll let you know and send it your way. Also want 90006 in Ex-One as well. Those lighting boards will be vital! Will always come in handy for those who want to accurately model LSL’s 90001 and 002 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, WrattingRoad said:

Do as many as you like! I want 90012 done eventually. I’ve contacted Illuminated Models to see if they can design a replacement lighting board. If/when I get it and try it out, I’ll let you know and send it your way. Also want 90006 in Ex-One as well. Those lighting boards will be vital! Will always come in handy for those who want to accurately model LSL’s 90001 and 002 

Those light boards would be good if they could do them and as you say good for the LSL and the ex Anglia ones in their freightliner stripes. Going back to Anglia I really like the tatty rebranded Virgin livery they had when they first came over - another one for the to do list! Cheers Jerry

• Like 1

Just now, Squirrel Rail said:

Those light boards would be good if they could do them and as you say good for the LSL and the ex Anglia ones in their freightliner stripes. Going back to Anglia I really like the tatty rebranded Virgin livery they had when they first came over - another one for the to do list! Cheers Jerry

If you do a tatty ex virgin, I may have to get some Oxford virgin Mk3s to get them tatted up too :wink_mini:

If you’re ever concerned about the manufactures making/announcing liveries you paint, at least you have the Anglia ones to fall back on. They will never touch those!

I have the same issue Jerry,

my spray booth ( a big old cardboard box)is in the garage so with the temps I’m effectively out of spraying Nov - March . Bit frustrating as I have all the colours for my respray attempt, but I won’t stink the house out by spraying in the spare room ,

what’s the min temp you are happy spraying in ?

• RMweb Gold

I have the opposite problem, no chance i’ll ever have the time, budget to set up a spray suite, let alone space for it.

i’ll stick to fiddling about with kits and bits, with the odd renumbers and touch ups.

For me its too cold to go out, my office for work, is my modellers work bench.. in between zoom calls, I can get my tools out.. though I did have a call with a DBS 66 on the shelf behind me the other day ;-) 

When a call is tedious, having something to distract can be useful... beats a rubix cube or a newtons cradle.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I have the opposite problem, no chance i’ll ever have the time, budget to set up a spray suite, let alone space for it.

i’ll stick to fiddling about with kits and bits, with the odd renumbers and touch ups.

For me its too cold to go out, my office for work, is my modellers work bench.. in between zoom calls, I can get my tools out.. though I did have a call with a DBS 66 on the shelf behind me the other day ;-) 

When a call is tedious, having something to distract can be useful... beats a rubix cube or a newtons cradle.

This stuff isn’t expensive , if you buy cheap Chinese airbrush like I did. It was under a £100 and does ok , for basic weathering . 

Just don’t put a cat filter on zoom by accident ! I’m dreading using it for job interviews, much rather be face to face 

36 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I have the same issue Jerry,

my spray booth ( a big old cardboard box)is in the garage so with the temps I’m effectively out of spraying Nov - March . Bit frustrating as I have all the colours for my respray attempt, but I won’t stink the house out by spraying in the spare room ,

what’s the min temp you are happy spraying in ?

Hi Rob, I have my Squirrel Rail drey in the front half of the garage which without heat gets down to 3 degrees.  I can normally spray at 10 degrees for little bits and weathering as a well aimed fan heater at me produces a nice working zone but it's not enough for spraying things like the 90 where I need at least 18 degrees preferably more and when sprayed it's straight in to the kitchen to bake on the breakfast bar which has a radiator underneath it! In the meantime our dining room and office are the storage and build area!!! Roll on summer...

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

This stuff isn’t expensive , if you buy cheap Chinese airbrush like I did. It was under a £100 and does ok , for basic weathering . 

Just don’t put a cat filter on zoom by accident ! I’m dreading using it for job interviews, much rather be face to face 

I agree, its the time more than anything else.
Some of my projects take years, I've one (a Hungarian 520) thats approaching 3 decades now and still not complete. Painting could add another year or two in the queue, and i’m not confident on spraying at all.

I prefer doing the “mechanicals”, building, dismantling, converting, repairing etc

this one took me 5 years.. admittedly I think I did ok brush painting it

043BEF93-F14E-434D-A55C-735987F56A44.jpeg.af961f7e835fef3e42e7b99b62f40a31.jpeg

where as easy stuff like repainting the cab windows of this 47 I did in a day...

0ACD585C-CB95-4ABB-A8BC-8FB15F9DC8C5.jpeg.aa47ee4fd176e729e926494ffd011f80.jpeg

but the kind of paint finish like this ... i’ll leave to the professionals..

IMG_3172.jpg

Ive already got a huge wish list now for Jerry !

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Hi Rob, I have my Squirrel Rail drey in the front half of the garage which without heat gets down to 3 degrees.  I can normally spray at 10 degrees for little bits and weathering as a well aimed fan heater at me produces a nice working zone but it's not enough for spraying things like the 90 where I need at least 18 degrees preferably more and when sprayed it's straight in to the kitchen to bake on the breakfast bar which has a radiator underneath it! In the meantime our dining room and office are the storage and build area!!! Roll on summer...

18 ? I’m going to have to move my air brush to Costa del crime, but then will that be good enough excuse to avoid a £10000 fine if I fly out and use it !..

27 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

18 ? I’m going to have to move my air brush to Costa del crime, but then will that be good enough excuse to avoid a £10000 fine if I fly out and use it !..

Some stuff is 20 degrees on the tin so it’s near enough- even if the paint works I’m not freezing my nuts off!! 

• Funny 1

Workshop was a balmy 2 degrees this morning so another instalment of Squirrel Rail dining room update tonight. Basically decaling, fitting details and reassembling stuff - This is the general chaos of the dining room table;

IMG_3207.jpg.f677d9baf05a3f62dd40d957f629e41d.jpgRES and DB 90s are in the middle of their weathering. EWS 90 in the background has had it's paintwork done and is next up for decals. The Hymek is waiting for a driver and second man and the detail pack before weathering next week. 90130 has had  its black windscreen valence added, all its decals and etch applied and now needs cleaning to get rid of decal solution, tidying up before polishing (remove paint demarcation lines), weathering and a varnish coat, looks good though:

IMG_32122.jpg.5152a73d226a60520555512d0295cc56.jpg

Another project is the finishing of a freightliner 86 which today has had it's numbers and cant rails and now fitting roof details and making a set of TDM cables for it:

IMG_3205.jpg.7fcda5d5b8bc2db21ed1b8ea6196923e.jpg

Hopefully the temperature will be up a bit over the next few days so get back to some semblance of normality!!

• Like 14