Railway Mania Shop - New THUNDERBOLT Poster

Corbs

• RMweb Gold

Hey all, here's a thread to keep up to date with products on the Railway Mania shop. The pics should be clickable and take you through to the items.

Industrial Loco Body Kits

Bagnall 'New Standard 18"' 0-6-0ST

Conversion kit for the Hornby/Dapol 'Austerity' or J94

BEI-1-1.jpg?format=1500w

Manning Wardle 16" Outside Cylinder 0-6-0ST

Can build Merevale/John Robert or Adjutant

MW16-5 Shop Button 1-1.jpg?format=750w

Hudswell Clarke 204hp 0-6-0DM - 2 variants

BR Class D2/7

To represent works numbers D898-902  . Short hood, curved roof, no headlight.

Industrial (short hood, peaked roof)

To represent Gardner 8L3-engined types such as D1121/1958. Peaked cab roof, central headlight. Louvred side doors.

HC+LHRR+Button+1A.jpg?format=1500w

HC+SHPR+Button+4.jpg?format=1500w

HC+D2:7+Button+4.jpg?format=1500w

Avonside B4 0-6-0ST

Round Tank - 3 variants

Portbury, ISC No.2, NCB

PortburyPromo1-6.jpg?format=1500wISC2Promo1-6.jpg?format=500wB4Promo1-1b.jpg?format=1500w

Square Tank - 5 variants

St. Dunstan, St. Martin, St. Thomas, Mersey Docks & Harbour Board Nos.3/4, Staveley Ironworks

B4-5-1a.jpg?format=1500wAB4-StThomas-2.jpg?format=500wMDHBpromo1-1.jpg?format=1500wB4Staveley1-1+copy.png?format=1500w

Hunslet Austerity - Lambton Cab/Injectors

A 3D-printed cab to fit the popular Hunslet ‘Austerity’ or J94 locomotives and convert it to represent the cut down locos used by the NCB on the Lambton system. The ex-Lambton, Hetton and Joicey Collieries railway had some restricted clearances which necessitated these modifications. The Lambton locos also differed from the standard ‘Austerity’ by having injectors mounted on the running board in front of the cab. 

This cab closely represents 7, 52, 58 and 60 in industrial use.

This kit also includes two 3D printed injectors with .7mm wire  to represent pipework, as well as 0.45mm wire for the cab handrails and relevant mounting nuts/bolts.

lambton-EFE-1-1a.jpg?format=1500w

DECALS

Custom-PO-Decals-Listing.png?format=1000w

Custom Private Owner wagon decals - type in your text and it'll be printed in a signwritten type (not a digital font)

LSWR-wagon-decals-1.png?format=1500w

A5-sized LSWR wagon decal set - customisable running numbers.

Decals-Listing+copy.jpg?format=1500wdecal-sentinel-btp-ann-1.jpg?format=1500w

Industrial loco decals:

100hp Sentinel - Fry's Somerdale shunter, British Tar Products 'Ann'

Hardy's Hobbies Manning Wardle 0-4-0ST

Ex-Lambton Austerity No.60 - as preserved

Sudrian-Decals-Button-1a.jpg?format=1500w

SUDRIAN DECALS - lots and lots of transfers for models based on the fictional island of Sodor.

Tools

Rule+One+-+0a.jpg?format=1500w

Rule+One+EM+-+1.jpg?format=1500w

The legendary RULE ONE by TSDesign. A multi-tool for modellers!

Details

buffer-bumper-pack-1.png?format=1500w

Industrial Loco Buffers - 3 different types!

AlflocPromo1-1.jpg?format=1500w

ALFLOC Water Treatment Tank - as used on Port of Bristol Authority locos and others.

HC-Sandbox-47445-square.jpg?format=1500w

Sandbox for the Bachmann 'William Pepper' ex-LMS 3F No. 47445

4021E4CB-D926-4277-8A66-923C946EA70C.jpeg

Edited by Corbs
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Corbs said:

OO gauge back-to-back checker

OO track gauge checker

Just as I start to dip my toes into EM :rolleyes:

Seriously though, looks nice. Good luck!

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I've started the moaning early!

Yes, other gauges would be handy.

Mike.

Hey Mike, would you be in the market for an EM one as well or would it be a different gauge?

On 11/07/2020 at 20:06, Enterprisingwestern said:

I'd definitely take an EM one.

Mike.

I can make an EM version if someone lets me know:

a) the EM back-to-back distance

b) the distance between the inside edges of the rails

What an absolutely brilliant little ruler idea mate! Well done on that one.

Should ask-any chance of doing a HO version to further expand your market for it? I know a few down here in Oz who would love it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 69843 said:

What an absolutely brilliant little ruler idea mate! Well done on that one.

Should ask-any chance of doing a HO version to further expand your market for it? I know a few down here in Oz who would love it.

He is a talented guy that's for sure! If you could ask around and send me a PM of roughly how many people might be interested in an HO one that would be very useful, then we can look into it :) 

We've placed the order for the EM gauge ones and the second batch of OO ones now.

Edited by Corbs
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Kev, the centre finder isn't in the middle of the ruler no, I know Tom tried a few different orientations but maybe it's something we can look at on a future one. 

Regarding the erroneous number - that's a real pain as it's on all of them! Damn. I've been using mine for over 2 months and hadn't noticed. Maybe this will make the first batch worth more in 50 years time?

• RMweb Gold

Hello all, in light of the above we have decided to drop the price from £8.50 to £7.50 for all rulers with the mistaken 25 in place of 24. If anyone who has already purchased one would like the difference refunded then please do drop me a private message and I'd be happy to.

1 hour ago, SHMD said:

Hi Corbs,

image.png.17f537fdc13337e5cb3867ff0c58cc2b.png

Kev.

Yep, this was my mistake. I checked everything several times, but apparently I can't count to 24, so will be spending my evening correcting this. 

Regarding the centres, the 50mm and 12.5 ft marks on the front should be in line, as the ruler is 100mm long and was scaled to 4mm/foot. The holes and marks on the reverse are not in line, however (at least, not intentionally).

Edited by TurboSnail

• RMweb Gold

1 minute ago, TurboSnail said:

Yep, this was my mistake. I spell checked everything else, but apparently I can't count to 24, so will be spending my evening correcting this. 

Regarding the centres, the 50mm and 12.5 ft marks on the front should be in line, as the ruler is 100mm long and was scaled to 4mm/foot. The holes and marks on the reverse are not in line, however (at least, not intentionally).

Oh no! I'm so sorry for the trouble I have caused, but is it really necessary to drop the price?

I proof check a lot of PCB artwork and little things like that just jump out at me, (...but I cant spell "centre" correctly!).

Would you mind if I make some other suggestions - that's if you are still talking to me?

I could PM you instead of making them public.

Kev.

• RMweb Gold

Don't be sorry :) we think it's fair and we'd rather know so that we can correct these things in the future. Please do drop me or Tom a PM, would be great to get your thoughts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SHMD said:

Oh no! I'm so sorry for the trouble I have caused, but is it really necessary to drop the price?

I proof check a lot of PCB artwork and little things like that just jump out at me, (...but I cant spell "centre" correctly!).

Would you mind if I make some other suggestions - that's if you are still talking to me?

I could PM you instead of making them public.

Don't worry about it, I'm just slightly annoyed at myself for missing it in the first place!

Please do send over any suggestions, feedback, improvements and ideas for future products are always appreciated.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Corbs said:

Hello all, in light of the above we have decided to drop the price from £8.50 to £7.50 for all rulers with the mistaken 25 in place of 24. If anyone who has already purchased one would like the difference refunded then please do drop me a private message and I'd be happy to.

As a Yorkshireman, can I have eight and a half things misprinted on mine please?!!

Mike.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
On 20/07/2020 at 22:14, Enterprisingwestern said:

As a Yorkshireman, can I have eight and a half things misprinted on mine please?!!

Mike.

You cheeky boy! Although I do have some good news - the next batch of OO and the first batch of EM gauge Rule Ones are being shipped to me this week and should be in the shop by next Tuesday, all being well.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

New kit in the shop!

AVONSIDE B4 0-6-0ST BODY KIT

Portbury

ISC No.2/Edwin Hulse

Coal/Ironstone rounded tank

1EB3986C-6B21-447F-B8FE-231BAEB38F61.jpeg.543e5f5fc00bb3188c13b5d2f33d033c.jpeg

The first locomotive body kit to be sold on the Railway Mania site. Designed by Adam White, it's the Avonside B4 0-6-0ST. There are 3 variants in the initial release:

'Portbury' of Avonmouth Docks and the Bristol Harbour Railway

Imperial Smelting Corporation No.2/'Edwin Hulse' of the Avon Valley Railway

Standard round tank as used by the coal and ironstone industry.

There will be further releases soon including the distinctive later 'square tank' design.

The kit requires a Hornby Peckett B2 chassis, but you don't need to throw out the Peckett body, no modification to the chassis is required and you can easily swap the bodies around when you like.

£49.50 Posted within the UK

The kit includes:

3D printed main sections (running board, cab, boiler/saddle tank)

3D printed accessory pack (buffers, handbrake, reverser, filler lid, safety valve cover and valves, sandboxes, firebox backhead, chimney)

Handrail wire

Handrail knobs

Smokebox door dart

Dummy coupling hooks

Here's my test build of 'Edwin Hulse' in its Imperial Smelting guise:

Edited by Corbs
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 3