ESU Loksound V4 Cuts Out

unknown

As above really, had this V4 sound chip for a couple of years now, hasn't had much use but the time I have used it everything has seemed well. Be lucky to have had 2 hours use.

Scoped out fitting new speakers and allowed the loco to run on the rollers, ran smoothly and after a few minutes of the sound being on it just stopped, no sound, no movement, nothing. Had to remove the loco from the track to get it to come back to life.

This time directly on the track, restarted, ran for about 1.5 minutes of back and forth movement and the same happened again - nothing. Then, I again restarted with sound on, idling away, again similar time, stopped.

Swapped the V4 over to an identical V4 but with an earlier 08 sound file and everything appears to work well, allowed to idle for about 20 mins and no issues found. Lovely and smooth. Even put a class 20 chip in for some smiles!

I put the existing V4 with the highlighted problem back in and the same issues reappear.

Is there anything I can do, such as some sort of mild reset before I seek to speak to the supplying retailer? 

ESU Loksound V4

Still with original speaker attached

No mods to any CVs except CV54 for smoother running.

Legomanbiffo sound, class 08 in Hornby loco.

Supressor capacitor previously removed

Thanks

Simon.

On 15/07/2020 at 16:27, Ray H said:

What happens if you run it without the sound on?

From the limited time ran with the sound off, seemed OK. I'll look at running it for an extended time with the sound off.

• RMweb Premium
On 14/07/2020 at 21:53, unknown said:

Is there anything I can do, such as some sort of mild reset before I seek to speak to the supplying retailer? 

Set CV8 = 8 performs a reset to default values. The default values should include the sound project. See P55 of the attached.

51972_LokSound_V40_ESUKG_EN_User-Manual_Edition_2_eBook_02.pdf