Idea for your next project

TravisM

21 hours ago, Shoey said:

Perhaps a nicely detailed TTA wagon. I loved seeing these behind an EWS 66 racing through Newton Abbot station on the 6V62 Fawley - Tavistock Junction.

Is that not already achievable from the Bachmann and Hornby existing mouldings ?

I would say the Distillers CO2 tank would be more useful.  

EDIT forget that.  I see FTG are already covering them !!!

Edited by Covkid
Correction
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, Covkid said:

Is that not already achievable from the Bachmann and Hornby existing mouldings ?

I would say the Distillers CO2 tank would be more useful.  

EDIT forget that.  I see FTG are already covering them !!!

The distillers tta was shelved unfortunately.

If one is allowed to wishlist, I would put my vote into the hat for the YEA to create both the Long Welded Rail Train and the Show and Ice Treatment Train. Though I have always held onto the idea of a WBB Mineral PAA wagon to follow on from your superb PGA...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/06/2021 at 21:27, Shoey said:

Perhaps a nicely detailed TTA wagon. I loved seeing these behind an EWS 66 racing through Newton Abbot station on the 6V62 Fawley - Tavistock Junction.

AA53C768-1293-4D5B-AB5E-1EBABC77D8CF.png

like these  Furzebrook LPG tanks 

F8F46603-A39A-42D5-8AFA-78755D3CD96E.jpeg

F57A2C34-BB4A-46E2-A458-8555960E8FBC.jpeg

33CB9D34-71F3-4736-8D8D-8B46A2EE39D3.jpeg

Edited by Dorset33
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1

• 10 months later...

Are Cavalex sold on 'modern image', or is there a steam option?

TT120 is possibly a market to look into.

Alternatively, how about increasing people's interest in OO9?  With the increased accuracy / detailing of recently produced locomotives and rolling stock, modellers may be looking more closely on reality / what would railways have done here / there / wherever, and perhaps there's an option for OO9?

Just a thought.

Al.

• Like 2

I remember seeing 58002 at Birmingham New Street just after she had entered service . Lovely machines. Sad that most lying in bits now on the continent 😢

Not 002 in the pic, but still brings back memories 

320B2933-A811-4491-8B17-2C1DFE29014A.jpeg

Edited by 50025
  • Like 4

On 02/06/2021 at 20:28, w124bob said:

Here are a couple future project suggestions. VIX international ferry wagon, plenty of livery variations, good era spread and as modellers we would need at least two(Barrier wagon use).  Or the original Flatrol MJ nuclear flask wagons. If you choose to do both bogie/brake variants it covers late steam era with the 6 axle vac brake variant through to to the early 80's in their final airbrake guise with the later 2 axle bogies. Here's hoping!

The VIX wagons have recently been produced by Rapido and Sonic models offering many liveries from either manufacturer covering their lifespans.

There is also the older Hornby, ex Triang, version available too in z selection of liveries from through out their lifespan. 

Meld. 

Idea for your next project...

...shrink that lovely 56 by approximately 50%

Perhaps include an older Colas machine and an ex Fertis plain white DCR one, if I'm being really greedy!

Jo

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1