Rapido is hiring a UK Operations Manager

mdvle

I wonder what kind of individual would apply to a job ad worded so ‘playfully’. I realise that it’s meant to show them as phun guyzngalz, but it looks as professional as the man himself. 

17 minutes ago, rab said:

Someone should forward this to Dave Jones.

He had proved he has the necessary qualifications. :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Best job advert I've seen in a few months. Is it a new post or has somebody left?

The text "We are in the process of opening up our UK limited company and we are looking for an operations manager" sounds like a new post to me. Presumably they have bigger plans for the UK if they are spending money on a specific UK person.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, rab said:

Someone should forward this to Dave Jones.

He had proved he has the necessary qualifications. :)

Especially his accountancy experience!

• Agree 3
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, truffy said:

I wonder what kind of individual would apply to a job ad worded so ‘playfully’. I realise that it’s meant to show them as phun guyzngalz, but it looks as professional as the man himself. 

All of the job ads they have posted in their newsletters over the years have been similarly fun.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, spamcan61 said:

The text "We are in the process of opening up our UK limited company and we are looking for an operations manager" sounds like a new post to me. Presumably they have bigger plans for the UK if they are spending money on a specific UK person.

I think it's a legal thing to do with imports - they have talked about it for a couple of years - not immediately the start of anything bigger. Those buses have got to stop somewhere!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mdvle said:

All of the job ads they have posted in their newsletters over the years have been similarly fun.

Antoine de Caunes could've done better (DYSWIDT?)

On 16/07/2020 at 08:18, Phil Parker said:

I think it's a legal thing to do with imports - they have talked about it for a couple of years - not immediately the start of anything bigger. Those buses have got to stop somewhere!

I agree with the sentiment to keep expectations low, but through both the podcast interview and the Facebook Live sessions done by Jason it is clear they have plans for the UK market beyond the Fleetline bus.

And while it is guesswork by me, and the need for a legal UK company for their products like the bus is true, you don't need to hire a full time person to just import several thousand model buses and instead could either contract it or hire someone on a temp / part time basis.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

One will undertake the task, but solely if one's penchant for GNR and LNER appropriate  traction and coaching stock is the sole model railway product they intend. (Good start with the Stirling single and NER dynomonster car.)

Seconded!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

48 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

One will undertake the task, but solely if one's penchant for GNR and LNER appropriate  traction and coaching stock is the sole model railway product they intend. (Good start with the Stirling single and NER dynomonster car.)

Not to predict what (if anything) they produce, but I will point out that one of the senior employees at Rapido (Bill) is a GWR modeller/fan so a GNR/LNER focus would seem to be unlikely...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1