FIVE79/Chivers Finelines - N Gauge Blue Spot Fish Van is BACK! Page 9

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Obviously rule 1 may apply and I'll have one anyway but an accurate reference would be really helpful. Thanks for the help so far

Yeah, I was wondering if you had some BR blue paint in stock, the two would seem to go together perfectly under rule one ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

Yeah, I was wondering if you had some BR blue paint in stock, the two would seem to go together perfectly under rule one ;)

To be fair I can use either Blue or Maroon but I'm currently assembling a rail blue era NPCCS fleet fo/r a new project....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BernardTPM said:

The Derwent Valley Light Railway was an independant Light Railway that was never nationalised so even if it was painted in Rail Blue by them (and it may have been a different blue) it was probably never actually in BR service in Rail Blue.

I have a feeling it was owned by the same person who owned the J72 at the time it was there. 

Possibly in use as a tool van or similar.

Just that I have vague memories of it running at Llangollen with the BR Blue suburban set in the days when Llangollen only went a few hundred yards in the station confines, in use as a brake van.

Jason

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

I'm missing the DVLR connection here?

The Pigeon van that I linked to at Llangollen was at Derwent Valley during the 1970s.

I've had a little look to work out when they were withdrawn. Unfortunately there isn't much information in any of the books I've got.

The only photo on Paul Bartlett's site is 1950s or '60s.

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/lnercctc/ee3a7a2c

Steve Banks mentions them but says they weren't Pigeon Vans. Fair enough as I want them for parcels trains.  :)

https://www.steve-banks.org/prototype-and-traffic/128-pigeon-traffic-historical

Jason

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 17/07/2020 at 16:33, Gilbert said:

A question - did any Pigeon Vans make it into Rail Blue?

Dave Larkin's data sheet for them lists them as being in traffic until the mid 1960s and were always in crimson / yellow lettering livery.

In his "BR Parcels & Passenger Rated Stock - Volume One" he states that one of the similar Dia 176 vehicles, E70336E,  was still around in 1971 but that it was unlikely it had been given rail blue livery.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, SP Steve said:

Dave Larkin's data sheet for them lists them as being in traffic until the mid 1960s and were always in crimson / yellow lettering livery.

In his "BR Parcels & Passenger Rated Stock - Volume One" he states that one of the similar Dia 176 vehicles, E70336E,  was still around in 1971 but that it was unlikely it had been given rail blue livery.

Thanks - crimson it is then...

21 minutes ago, SP Steve said:

Ahh - but does he mean crimson - or BR maroon? David can be a bit inconsistent / vague when it comes to liveries.

If they lasted in traffic until the mid 1960s, I would expect a significant number to be in unlined BR maroon.

(In fact - I'm sure that I've seen a colour photos of one such; but don't ask me where).

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Thanks to all who have purchased their Pigeon vans, these is still plenty in stock. Some where sent out Saturday and another batch going Monday morning. Depending on demand I hope to post purchases at least twice week. 

There is no order to which kit is next in the production line, but currently it’s dictated by what parts are left on the shelves so some kits may take longer to return than others. They are coming though, and if they return and run out of stock, they will be put back into stock as soon as possible. Putting all the kits back into production is a huge task but I will get there! My aim is to have everything on the shelf ready to go with little waiting time.

Massive thank you to all who have supported the return and purchased kits. 

There should be some more Re-releases this coming week!! 

All the best,

Matt Chivers.

Edited by The Great Huszar
  • Like 12
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, The Great Huszar said:

Some where sent out Saturday and another batch going Monday morning. Depending on demand I hope to post purchases at least twice week.

and one was received this morning....

• Like 1