FIVE79/Chivers Finelines - N Gauge Blue Spot Fish Van is BACK! Page 9

3 hours ago, westie7 said:

patiently waiting for the ZCA, OCA, OTA wagons to pop up :D:D

Just need buffers and weights, and there will be ZCA’sand OCA’s ready to go. OTA will be September time at a guess.

2 hours ago, Clagsniffer said:

Any news as to when the website will be up and running? 

Thanks.

Not as yet, I’m the workshop Mon/Tue/Thurs/Fri each week. And work from home Wed/Sat/Sun which is when I pack kits and when time permits work on the website. It’s coming.

1 hour ago, Flyingscotsmanfan said:

Mine arrived this morning and by this afternoon... 

FAD9891F-10A5-45EA-B0CE-545F5F5CAD9C.jpeg

Beautiful! Hope you enjoyed the build.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, The Great Huszar said:

Just need buffers and weights, and there will be ZCA’sand OCA’s ready to go. OTA will be September time at a guess.

Not as yet, I’m the workshop Mon/Tue/Thurs/Fri each week. And work from home Wed/Sat/Sun which is when I pack kits and when time permits work on the website. It’s coming.

Beautiful! Hope you enjoyed the build.

Damn fine job. Built rather a lot of these in the past. You can get some nice LNER Etches from MJT for the Commodes and Door Handles. I know it means a wee bit of minor surgery to the sides, but the difference is very obvious.

P

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Damn fine job. Built rather a lot of these in the past. You can get some nice LNER Etches from MJT for the Commodes and Door Handles. I know it means a wee bit of minor surgery to the sides, but the difference is very obvious.

P

Dave Franks does some rather nice buffers for it too.;)

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, The Great Huszar said:

Is that the standard kit? With no 3rd party parts? If so, would very much like to use a copy of that image on the website if possible.

Apparently it is but if you like I can take a fresh shot in a 3/4 view without the toad if that's better for the website.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Gilbert said:

Swot......

Joking apart I've just found an EM gauge friend who has some spare suitable 00 wheels so I'm good to go....now I just need BR transfers...and before anyone asks - yes - I will be doing it in maroon.....

Thank you to everyone who has liked my  build. The kit only took a couple of hours to put together. It practically built itself as that how good the kit is. There was a bit of flash on some of the sprues but for the most part the mouldings were crisp. I can’t wait to get started on the painting into LNER unlined teak.

it was such a joy to build I’m already contemplating buying another one in the future.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the speedy turnaround on the van, as others have said, a fantastic kit.

Now this is purely academic as I don't need them ;) but... the destructions mentioned a "Coupler Mount Sprue", which was missing from my kit.   As I say, not a problem and certainly not meant as any criticism, just a heads up.

Cheers

Edited by Tim Dubya
Precision P125

24 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

Thanks for the speedy turnaround on the van, as others have said, a fantastic kit.

Now this is purely academic as I don't need them ;) but... the destructions mentioned a "Coupler Mount Sprue", which was missing from my kit.   As I say, not a problem and certainly not meant as any criticism, just a heads up.

PS: 

When are the Lings coming? (my mate Ducks is more of a Lamprey fan as you know) ;)

Cheers

I knew you didn’t need them ;)

But All seriousness, I do apologise, we do our best to ensure all parts are packed. If we get any more reports of them missing we shall go through them and check they are in.

If anyone else has them missing, we will forward them on if required.

All the best

Matt.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Here is my rendition of the N scale BR Tube wagon. It has 2mm Scale Association wheels and bearings, and DG couplings, but they are not really visible. I also added some bits of wire for the brake rigging.

When you get around to re-releasing this kit, you are welcome to use this photo. I really must get around to completing the SR CCT I bought ages ago.

IMG_20200615_201251

• Like 6

Some more releases.....

RC810.jpg

RC463.jpg

RC464.jpg

RC465.jpg

We have stock of all these kits, but the Bolster and long low are below 50 of each, I will be making more of these so if we sell out, don't panic, they will be back. I'm hoping I can get them produced to replenish stock level before they sell out.

Oh and if anyone has better pictures of our kits finished and would be willing to allow us to use them on our upcoming website, get in contact please.

All the best,

Matt Chivers

Edited by The Great Huszar
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

It is great that these marvelous kits are coming back.  I made several and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Here's a sample:

860462877_P1010004-004(2).JPG.136eef8b18286b38c984ea8fe9cd3a4b.JPG

Tube wagon

P1010005-003.JPG.e9669440ec719ace9cb1a938c6407f0f.JPG

Long Low

1014081462_P1010006-003(2).JPG.036a03c0f5cdb3b4d4f572afe3efd095.JPG

Double Bolster. 

This is one I'm quite proud of because, unfortunately, the kit was missing quite a few parts so I had to scratch build a lot of it above the solebars.  This might have been the most enjoyable build of the three.

I'm doing 0 gauge these days but I am happy for the 00 crowd that they have these excellent kits again.

John

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
On 20/07/2020 at 19:32, Mallard60022 said:

SR Lamprey, such a tidy looking wagon. I await the new shoal. So good to have them back (and the others of course).

image.png.1f9a67cd6f79d300446cbf0e28e2c31e.png

Sea Lamprey.

Those are tiddlers must be N gauge...

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Funny 2