FIVE79/Chivers Finelines - N Gauge Blue Spot Fish Van is BACK! Page 9

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Great Huszar said:

Not the MDO, that's Parkside? Or do you mean the non-SAB MDV??

I fear we may be talking at cross purposes, if so, apologies. The Parkside 21 ton mineral is a diagram 1/110 riveted body, using your body mouldings with that chassis would I believe give an alternative route to a diagram 1/107 welded version.

Mike.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Cranking up my memory, I believe the first batch of MDVs were not SAB fitted. If we are going to get a failure moulding the solebars it in the bottom SAB fitted one, so there is a decent number of pairs that have been snipped off which could be packed into kits. Talk to Matthew nicely!

Roger

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, finelines said:

Cranking up my memory, I believe the first batch of MDVs were not SAB fitted. If we are going to get a failure moulding the solebars it in the bottom SAB fitted one, so there is a decent number of pairs that have been snipped off which could be packed into kits. Talk to Matthew nicely!

Roger

Nice to see your name on a post, Roger. You're correct; the first thousand wagons (B310000 to 310999) had a manual change-over on the solebar. I'll drop Matthew a line as  suggested.

Regards

Brian.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Chivers Finelines changed the title to Five79 - OUT NOW N Gauge BBA bogie steel carrier - Page 6
  • 2 weeks later...

OUT NOW 4mm Standard Gauge

RC444 BR (SR) Dia 1/570 20T Redoored Lamprey Ballast Wagon Kit - £10.50 + P&P

This kit is designed to make a model of the BR (Southern) Dia 1/570 20T Ballast Wagon after they had the doors replaced.

UK & EU Postage click here - https://five79.co.uk/RC444/

RC445 BR(SR) Crab 20T Ballast Wagon Kit - £10.50 + P&P

This kit is designed to make a model of the BR (Southern) Dia 1/570 20T Ballast Wagon after they had been rebuilt into Crabs.

UK & EU Postage click here - https://five79.co.uk/RC445/

RC446 BR(SR) Dia1/570 Lamprey Ballast Wagon Kit - £10.50 + P&P

This kit is designed to make a model of the BR (Southern) Dia 1/570 20T Ballast Wagon. 

UK & EU Postage click here - https://five79.co.uk/RC446/

These kits requires standard wagon wheels on 26mm axles, bearings, couplers, paint & transfers to complete. Includes cast whitemetal buffers & Vac cylinder, etch coupler hook and buffer shrouds.

---------------------------------------------------

OUT NOW On30/0-16.5 Narrow Gauge - RC7827 GE Style Diesel Kit suitable for On30 and 0-16.5. 

£25 + P&P 

Loosely designed on the style of the GE loco, this kit does not follow any particular prototype, but is typical of a small narrow gauge loco used on logging, mining, industrial and short lines. The kit is designed for easy assembly.

It is designed to fit onto a 38mm Black Beetle 0-4-0 power unit with 14mm wheels, but there is enough room inside for any number of other possibilities. It would also be possible to join two back to back to make a two truck double ender.

This kit is designed to use Kadee Mk5 couplings (not supplied), body mounted.

UK & EU Postage click here - https://five79.co.uk/RC7827/

REST OF WORLD EMAIL - sales@five79.co.uk

----------------------------------------------------

OUT NOW 009 Narrow Gauge - RC881 009 L&B Bogie Open (Dia 1393) Kit. 

£10 + P&P

This kit is designed to produce a 009 model based on the round ended Lynton & Barnstable bogie open wagon classified Dia 1393 by the Southern with the later pattern of doors (28301 & 28302).

The kit requires 6.2mm wheels, Couplers, paint & decals to finish. Supplied with correct screws for bogies and cast white metal vacuum cylinder.

UK & EU Postage click here - https://five79.co.uk/RC881/

REST OF WORLD EMAIL - sales@five79.co.uk

• Like 5

• Chivers Finelines changed the title to Five79 - OUT NOW N Gauge BBA bogie steel carrier. 4mm scale Lampreys, Crab. Plus On30/0-16.5 GE diesel kit. 009 L&B wagon kit. - Page 6

Great service once again.  Having been eagerly anticipating the re-release of the crab and lamprey kits, I duly ordered on Wednesday evening and received my kits this morning.  Brilliant, especially under current conditions.  Really looking forward to starting the build; the last couple of crabs and lampreys I built were some of the best wagon kits I have encountered - beautifully produced and an easy build.  Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Paul

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grampus said:

Great service once again.  Having been eagerly anticipating the re-release of the crab and lamprey kits, I duly ordered on Wednesday evening and received my kits this morning.  Brilliant, especially under current conditions.  Really looking forward to starting the build; the last couple of crabs and lampreys I built were some of the best wagon kits I have encountered - beautifully produced and an easy build.  Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Paul

Thats not bad for the Royal Mail in the current situation. I am trying to only post twice a week to limit my exposure time out in the wild, so you timed it right!

Thank you for the kind words about the kits themselves, I do pass all comments on to my Dad (Roger Chivers).

Enjoy the kits,

All the best,

Matt

• Friendly/supportive 2

Upcoming Standard Gauge re-issues from the Chivers Finelines Range Due in 2021…

2mm Scale:

RC962 GWR Open C,

RC963 LMS Long Low wagon,

RC964 LMS (BR) Bolster wagon,

RC965 LMS Tube wagon,

RC966 Blue spot fish van.

4mm Scale:

RC201 LBSCER D3 0-4-4t - Whitemetal & Etch kit

RC202 SECR Wainwright J Class 0-6-4t - Whitemetal & Etch kit

RC117 NER 42ft CCT - Etch brass Kit,

RC121 LNER 42ft CCT - Etch brass kit,

RC127 LNER 52ft CCT - Etch brass kit.

RC436 LMS 6 wheel Fish Van,

RC43x 6 wheel Underframe kit,

RC44x 12ft Underframe kit.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 22/01/2021 at 16:08, The Great Huszar said:

Good to see the 6 wheel and 12ft underframes will be available separately. Need at least three of each when they are ready, along with a Fish Van.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2021 at 18:13, MRDBLUE17 said:

Well that is great news to see the Crab and Lamprey available so I’ve just placed an order. I’ve only heard very positive things about these kits from several modellers I know so I’m looking forward to building these.

all the best

Mark

These kits define the word good. Just put them together then wave a brush with glue in the general direction, and the only thing you have to worry about is doing a paint job to do these justice (or rust if being accurate lol)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• Chivers Finelines changed the title to Five79 - OUT NOW 00 Gauge LMS 6w Express Fish Van - Page 6

Out NOW - RC436 LMS 6w Express Fish Van Did.2115

This kit is designed to make a OO model of the LMS Dia 2115 6 wheel express fish van. A useful drawing and photogragh appears in Nick Camplings Historic Coach drawings Vol.3 and The Illustrated History of LMS Standard Coaching Stock Vol.1 by Jenkinson & Essery. These vans were introduced inbetween 1946 and 1949, a total of 140 numbered 40300 - 40339. After fish traffic ended in 1965 many of them were transferred to departmental stores vans.

The kit requires 14mm wheels on 26mm axles, Bearings, Couplers, Vac pipes, paint & decals to finish.

Kits includes White metal Buffers, Vac cylinder & arm, Etched coupling hooks & short piece of wire.

£16.00 + P&P

https://five79.co.uk/RC436/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/01/2021 at 16:08, The Great Huszar said:

2mm Scale:

RC962 GWR Open C,

RC963 LMS Long Low wagon,

RC964 LMS (BR) Bolster wagon,

RC965 LMS Tube wagon,

RC966 Blue spot fish van.

4mm Scale:

RC201 LBSCER D3 0-4-4t - Whitemetal & Etch kit

RC202 SECR Wainwright J Class 0-6-4t - Whitemetal & Etch kit

RC117 NER 42ft CCT - Etch brass Kit,

RC121 LNER 42ft CCT - Etch brass kit,

RC127 LNER 52ft CCT - Etch brass kit.

RC436 LMS 6 wheel Fish Van,

RC43x 6 wheel Underframe kit,

RC44x 12ft Underframe kit.

Ooh - some nice etched NPCCS to look forward to. I've got one in the drawer (can't remember which one off the top of my head) from years ago, but it would be rude not to have at least one more.

• RMweb Gold
On 03/03/2021 at 11:49, The Great Huszar said:

Out NOW - RC436 LMS 6w Express Fish Van Did.2115

This kit is designed to make a OO model of the LMS Dia 2115 6 wheel express fish van. A useful drawing and photogragh appears in Nick Camplings Historic Coach drawings Vol.3 and The Illustrated History of LMS Standard Coaching Stock Vol.1 by Jenkinson & Essery. These vans were introduced inbetween 1946 and 1949, a total of 140 numbered 40300 - 40339. After fish traffic ended in 1965 many of them were transferred to departmental stores vans.

The kit requires 14mm wheels on 26mm axles, Bearings, Couplers, Vac pipes, paint & decals to finish.

Kits includes White metal Buffers, Vac cylinder & arm, Etched coupling hooks & short piece of wire.

£16.00 + P&P

https://five79.co.uk/RC436/

Yes please!  I was very pleased with my Pigeon Van, and this is too cheap to refuse.  I am developing a fondness for rigid framed NPCCS, and a 6 wheeler will be a departure, and perhaps something of a challenge to get to run reliably on Cwmdimbath's curves.  1946-9 production is right in my time frame!

4 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Yes please!  I was very pleased with my Pigeon Van, and this is too cheap to refuse.  I am developing a fondness for rigid framed NPCCS, and a 6 wheeler will be a departure, and perhaps something of a challenge to get to run reliably on Cwmdimbath's curves.  1946-9 production is right in my time frame!

The kit build as a 4 wheeler the centre wheel is a dummy with flats to clear the track

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Chivers

I've made many of your fine kits over the years and was very pleased to read that you will be bringing a large number of them back in the near future.

One thing I haven't seen listed, and I would very much like to, is the Southern Bogie Scenery Van or GUV, which used to be around, and I feel sure was one of yours. Any chance that this might re-appear in the future?

Thanks

Graham

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Back in January I purchased 4 kits, a couple of crabs and a couple of Lamprey. Arrived well packed and I kept them aside for building. I’ve always liked the look of them, although they don’t really fit in in the North west, I thought they would mix in with a few grampus on a tatty vac braked working. I was delighted to see these return as several modelling friends have them and told me how good the kits are. A week away gave the ideal opportunity to get them built and I’m really pleased with how they went together. I think these are easily the best kits I’ve ever built in terms of fit of parts and they look great too. I’ve just got the end hand rails and footsteps to add before painting.

Thanks

Mark

159D0ED0-EF4E-4D55-850B-CEDBBB3E384A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 04/07/2021 at 20:14, grahamb44 said:

Hi Chivers

I've made many of your fine kits over the years and was very pleased to read that you will be bringing a large number of them back in the near future.

One thing I haven't seen listed, and I would very much like to, is the Southern Bogie Scenery Van or GUV, which used to be around, and I feel sure was one of yours. Any chance that this might re-appear in the future?

Thanks

Graham

I think that was one of the earlier etched brass kits.

All the best

Ray