FIVE79/Chivers Finelines - N Gauge Blue Spot Fish Van is BACK! Page 9

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Great Huszar said:

RC464.jpg

That bolster Dia 1674 wagon kit would compliment the TMC LMS rtr double bolster wagon rather nicely.

Edited by gwrrob
added detail.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, The Great Huszar said:

Some more releases.....

RC810.jpg

RC463.jpg

RC464.jpg

RC465.jpg

We have stock of all these kits, but the Bolster and long low are below 50 of each, I will be making more of these so if we sell out, don't panic, they will be back. I'm hoping I can get them produced to replenish stock level before they sell out.

Oh and if anyone has better pictures of our kits finished and would be willing to allow us to use them on our upcoming website, get in contact please.

All the best,

Matt Chivers

Showing my age, but is it coincidental that the 4mm kits mirror the Colin Ashby kits, or is there something blindingly obvious I'm unaware of?

Mike.

Hi Matt

Thank you for keeping us all informed. I hope you get the website up and running soon, I do though realise, you are operating as a sole everything, and that there is, at present only one pair of hands, and insufficient hours in the day, I wish you every success, and look forward to some of the SR and GWR wagons  (4mm) becoming available.

kind regards, onwards and upwards

Nigel

Edited by doktorstamp
correction
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, finelines said:

I tried to buy Colin’s kits, but he didn’t want to sell. They were of course Ian Kirk’s before Colin. 

Roger

The previous owner of Cooper Craft also attempted to buy the Maunsell and Bulleid kits from him.  I believe Phoenix Precision now have some of these kits, or at least sell them.

Edited by Tim Dubya
aliens
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

The previous owner of Cooper Craft also attempted to buy the Maunsell and Bulleid kits from him.  I believe Phoenix Precision now have some of these kits, or at least sell them.

They do.

I think Colin Ashby still had the wagons though. I bought some from him about five years ago on eBay. A couple of the LNER Loco Coal wagons and half a dozen GWR China Clay wagons. But they went pretty quickly and might have been old stock.

Jason

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wainwright1 said:

Hi Matt.

Is the Southern Railway long wheelbase coal wagon in your range the same tooling as that Colin had, originally tooled by Ian Kirk ?

All the best and looking forward to some more Southern kits.

Ray

Hi Ray,

We have none of Colin's tooling, all our tooling was produced by Roger Chivers himself. 

All the best,

Matt.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
On 21/07/2020 at 21:21, gwrrob said:

That bolster Dia 1674 wagon kit would compliment the TMC LMS rtr double bolster wagon rather nicely.

My kit came in todays post and I'm very impressed with the quality of the parts with minimal flash. I know nothing of the prototype but have downloaded a photo of 285319 off the Paul Bartlett wagons site.

• Like 1

Looking at getting several of the MDV's when it's released as they were common in southern Scotland on block trains. Any suggestions for lettering? 

Also looking at the LMS 6 wheel fish van, is this the van(dia 2115) that was found in stores service in latter years?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, w124bob said:

Looking at getting several of the MDV's when it's released as they were common in southern Scotland on block trains. Any suggestions for lettering? 

Also looking at the LMS 6 wheel fish van, is this the van(dia 2115) that was found in stores service in latter years?

To answer your question about the 6-wheel Fish wagon; it is the sort the was used to carry stores from main works to the larger depots.

Cambridge Custom Transfers do some for the 21t Minfit on their BL2 sheet, but they're of the pre-TOPS type. Railtec offer both pre and post TOPS ones, but currently only as 7mm. Perhaps they might consider down-scaling?

• Like 1

Just now, Fat Controller said:

To answer your question about the 6-wheel Fish wagon; it is the sort the was used to carry stores from main works to the larger depots.

Cambridge Custom Transfers do some for the 21t Minfit on their BL2 sheet, but they're of the pre-TOPS type. Railtec offer both pre and post TOPS ones, but currently only as 7mm. Perhaps they might consider down-scaling?

Cheers for that info, I keep forgetting CCT as just pre TOPS is my era that's ideal. I'm regular Railtec customer so I might mention the down sizing of the 7mm ones next time I put an order in.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Fat Controller said:

I did ask the question about 4mm as I want 20-odd wagons worth myself but their response was to just keep watching the new releases section of their website.

Douglas

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, w124bob said:

Cheers for that info, I keep forgetting CCT as just pre TOPS is my era that's ideal. I'm regular Railtec customer so I might mention the down sizing of the 7mm ones next time I put an order in.

Please do, if there's demand they may push them higher up the queue!

Douglas

• RMweb Premium

After some email chat with John from CCT this afternoon, he's about to issue sheet BL184 which will have enough transfers to do 25 pre-TOPS 1/120 minfits (which became MDV's), including "TO WORK WITHIN / SOUTH WALES AND / MONMOUTHSHIRE ONLY";

price £8.00 including UK P&P for 4mm. scale.

Edited by drjcontroller
Correct spelling
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, drjcontroller said:

After some email chat with John from CCT this afternoon, he's about to issue sheet BL184 which will have enough transfers to do 25 pre-TOPS 1/120 minfits (which became MDV's), including "TO WORK WITHIN / SOUTH WALES AND / MONMOUTHSHIRE ONLY";

price £8.00 including UK P&P for 4mm. scale.

Thank you for that - full details under Sheet BL184 at https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm

4BL0184_.JPG.cadade8ad75992d915294606992fc01c.JPG

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 5

My two pigeon van kits arrived today here in wet and soggy Scotland, after asking Matt to divert my order to here instead of the sunny south (or it was when I left it on Saturday!). A quick look at the parts so far reveals great quality, never bought Chivers kits previously. Providing I can keep the excited grandkids fingers away from them, I hope to get at least one of the vans built, possibly both, but no painting until I return home in about 4 weeks. I'll make the roofs removable, using some of the sprue to make clips. I look forward to the 009 body kits coming out again in due course, as I have a chassis waiting for a suitable "lid". Yet another project waiting in the wings!!

Happy modelling folks,

Tod

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Assembled my Pigeon Van over the weekend. Only took a few minutes to clean up the usual moulding  join lines and check everything was going to fit OK. 

No problems with assembling, all went together first time, one of the easiest van kits I have put together. I will certainly be back for at least two more wagons from my wants list.

Painting and glazing to finish then It will be a nice addition to NPCCS for the layout. 

• Like 3

Thank you all for your kind words, its really appreciated, I'm just glad I can get them available to you, the modellers.

@cctransuk Big thanks for producing these, they shall go down a treat, The MDV kit should be available later half of August all going well. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OUT NOW - N Gauge kits

RC967 - GWR Python CCT dia19/20 kit - £10 + p&p

RC1053 - SSA Rebodied Scrap Wagon Kit (designed to fit onto a Peco 15” Chassis) - £7.50 + p&p

RC1068 - OCA Steel Open Wagon Kit - £10 + p&p

RC1072 - ZCA Seahorse Open Wagon Kit - £10 + p&p

All these kits require wheels, couplings to complete. P&P £3.80 per order (£2 single kits).

Available via the website https://five79.co.uk/N-GAUGE/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

All the best,

Matt Chivers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You need to put a very addictive disclaimer up, as the MDV has to have been the easiest kit I have ever built. It was literally just shake the bits out of the box, then wave some MEK at it and done. If you have never built a wagon kit before, I recommend one of these. 

Myself, I will wait until he is up to speed on moulding and deliveries, but will be after some spare sprues myself.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1