KR Models announces 'new industrial loco'

Mel_H

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, clarkea1 said:

Turns out they're also, as suspected, doing the Clayton CBD90 loco.  Fairly sure the Sellafield ones are CBD80s though, but I may be wrong.

CBD80 for Sellafield.

https://claytonequipment.co.uk/clayton-equipment-secure-two-hybrid-cbd80-locomotive-order-from-sellafield-ltd/

6 hours ago, clarkea1 said:

Turns out they're also, as suspected, doing the Clayton CBD90 loco.  Fairly sure the Sellafield ones are CBD80s though, but I may be wrong.

image.png.7c60f13fdf7d4a63ccfff5bf20d625f0.png

Aren't the Beacon ones going to be designated class 18?

I am pleased this is being done, and will probably bite if made (EOI done already)

• Agree 1

An intriguing development, would you happen to know what is planned for the class 18? 

Beacons original press release suggested a EU wide market for these, and certainly they wouldn't order unless they had a customer in mind. Have you received any hints, you suggest that these are to replace class 08s? 

10 hours ago, 159220 said:

An intriguing development, would you happen to know what is planned for the class 18? 

Beacons original press release suggested a EU wide market for these, and certainly they wouldn't order unless they had a customer in mind. Have you received any hints, you suggest that these are to replace class 08s? 

That is the claim, with comparable pulling power.  It is classed as a Class 18.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 04/06/2021 at 11:58, clarkea1 said:

image.png.7c60f13fdf7d4a63ccfff5bf20d625f0.png

Surprised that no-one has posted pics of the CBD80s at Sellafield. (flickr pics - click on for details)

Return of The Claytons.

New generation shunters

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 25/08/2021 at 00:16, newbryford said:

CBD80s at Sellafield

An interesting bit of news in this month's BRM about Sellafield ordering some CB40s from Clayton too.

Given that stock announcements don't normally seem to take place in the model magazines I wonder if a model of that is also in the works?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Jenny Emily said:

I have this EP for videoing. Is this the model referenced by this thread? 

5234F8BD-4DE1-4F2B-8E73-94F7DA687B4D.jpeg.eb717b75182260cede68ff041c0a48be.jpeg

597B9719-F55C-459C-9D8B-57DBC62D0D94.jpeg.8edea564d57adb5403e5d7a9096d6dd5.jpeg

60C7C0D2-5540-4883-942C-559DA0246AAD.jpeg.1bdd3c48196bc31aedac4ce23d23732b.jpeg

No. Scroll up to see pictures of a similar type to the one announced.

CORRECTION

I have to eat humble pie here. As far as I can make out, some kind of unspecified modern shunter was announced and it was speculated that it was a Clayton. Possibly that was the original intention, changed by Revolution’s announcement, possibly not.

It does indeed seem that the sample illustrated is what emerged from the unspecified model announced in the OP.

Sorry, Jenny. 

Edited by No Decorum
Major correction.
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Jenny Emily said:

I have this EP for videoing. Is this the model referenced by this thread? 

No - the original reference is to the Clayton CBD series (hence the nuclear connection). 

The Clayton is to be produced by Revolution Trains. 

More info here:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

The topic could do with a rename to say Scunthorpe Hunslet BoBo or similar @Mel_H could you do the honours as it was your first post? There doesn’t seem to be a another thread for it. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Agree 3

11 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

The topic could do with a rename to say Scunthorpe Hunslet BoBo or similar @Mel_H could you do the honours as it was your first post? There doesn’t seem to be a another thread for it. 

Why should the thread talking about the class 18/CBD that might never be, be renamed to be about something completely different? Surely it just wants a new thread making?

The wording throughout this thread is quite clear from what I can see as to what they are talking about.

Yes it probably wants renaming but to what the topic was originally about surely?

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Why should the thread talking about the class 18/CBD that might never be, be renamed to be about something completely different? Surely it just wants a new thread making?

The wording throughout this thread is quite clear from what I can see as to what they are talking about.

Yes it probably wants renaming but to what the topic was originally about surely?

Only because the CBD was speculation here, KR never confirmed or denied the guesses. A new thread is fine, it’s just Jenny posted the actual model in it so it has covered the actual Hunslet model too. If you prefer a new thread feel free to start one 🙂

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Only because the CBD was speculation here, KR never confirmed or denied the guesses. A new thread is fine, it’s just Jenny posted the actual model in it so it has covered the actual Hunslet model too. If you prefer a new thread feel free to start one 🙂

As already mentioned by newbryford, there was a direct mention of nuclear flask wagons by KR in the teaser this thread is referring to. Given since then, KR announced doing the CBDs and the Scunthorpe Hunslet, which of these two do you think the teaser was about?

I aren't starting a new thread given I have zero interest in the Hunslet, I was here for the CBD!

I just don't think this thread was ever about the Hunslet that's all.