Wiring DCC Concepts MY3's and a crossover

gordon s

Hopefully someone can help as I'm stuck with the renumbering of my DCC addresses. I'm building a DCC Concepts Mimic Panel and understand I need a MY3 board for each crossover.

https://www.dccconcepts.com/product/alpha-mimic-connection-reverser-3-pack-copy/

From what I can see it has one input and two outputs, one of which is reversed. I want to use one output on the mimic panel per crossover and want to use three led's. One on each straight leg and one on the crossing rail between them. I can see how you use two outputs, one to each led, but what will drive the centre one?

I'm told I will only need to use one output switch from the mimic board, but can't see how you drive three led's from two outputs. 

All three led's should switch at the same time and show two red's and a green or two green's and a red.....

Any one have the answer?

I don't have the MY's yet, but want to renumber all the DCC addresses over the weekend in preparation.

Edit: Many thanks to BoD.....Sorted....:D

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gordon,

Why only one output on the Mimic Controller ? 

Using the two and the MY3 on one solves the problem. That's how mine are set up. 

Alternatively you could use the DCC Concepts DCD-MMA3 connector for the additional LEDs. You will need to use a connecting lead between the two - suggest DCD ME6.150.

I've also used several of these, very useful

MalcT

Edited by MalcT
Added content

Thanks Malcolm. Apologies for the confusion.When I said one output, I meant one pair. I can now see one output goes direct to one led and the other output goes to the MY3 and from there to the two other led’s. Pretty obvious when you take a couple of steps back.......

• RMweb Gold

You may need to swap the two LEDs to get the sync right, but once right just remember which colour goes into the reverse output, also use the same output on the controller.

MalcT

• Thanks 1