Boxfile micro layouts (Filey Road & Filey Yard)

A few years back, I built a couple of boxfile micro layouts, as a sort of challenge to myself. These were rather aptly named “Filey road” (a small passenger terminus & goods/coal yard), and “Filey Yard” (a small industrial setting, consisting of a goods/coal yard, private factory siding & a small locomotive shed). Both layouts moved on to a new home a while back, though not without having given me a fair amount of pleasure, and below are some photos of the layouts, which I hope are both interesting and informative ….

FR1.jpg

FR2.jpg

FY1.jpg

FY2.jpg

Edited by Andrew Cockburn
  • Like 10

The yard layout looks really good - I like that you've kept it in two boxes, but shifted the scenic break to give more scenic area, even if (I presume) it means you can't separate them. I also quite like the front wall, creating a full 360 scene - unless it's blank on the inside?

If I ever switch to N gauge, building something like this looks like an excellent place to start!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

@ TechnicArrow. Thanks for your feedback, and its nice to know that I might have inspired you! The boxfiles on both layouts were "inseparable", ie they were fixed to a framework of 2" x 1" timber, making them completely rigid. Also, re the inside of the front wall, I can't remember TBH, whether I left it blank, or whether I created/added a scenic backscene. But all-in-all, I was pleased with them both, and I dare say I may attempt a similar venture in the future ....

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2