Freiwald Traincontroller

Andymsa

14 hours ago, ahellary said:

i think this thread is loosing sight of the op

the pricing structure is shall we say.. at best interesting and a worst totaly incomprehensable

so id like some one to explain  this

I would say the pricing structure has some logic to mr F and for the rest of us we need mystic meg

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Shirleybasm said:

maybe pohlmannx could explain the logic as they have a grasp of mr f logic

And a remarkable similarity in phraseology and use of English . . .

Paul.

• Funny 1

On 22/07/2020 at 01:20, melmerby said:

Stick A - ver 9A4  works

Stick A - ver 9B2 does not work

Stick B - ver 9B2 works

N.B. same software installation on same computer.

Logically to me that means stick A has a peculiar fault that causes a problem with ver 9B2

From
Stick B - ver 9B2 works
you deduce that stick A must be faulty because B works with 9B2, but A does not. Sounds logical, no doubt.

From
Stick A - ver 9A4 works
one can deduce with exactly the same logic that 9B2 must be faulty because 9A4 works with A, but 9B2 does not.

Both conclusions follow the same logic.

So A is faulty or 9B2 is faulty or both.

This was my point. I think this was a sensible and objective contribution to this topic.

• RMweb Premium

You cannot take them in isolation

Using Shirley's information

stick A = my stick

Stick B = other users stick

layout A = my layout

layout B = other users layout

9A4 stick A layout A = works

9A4 stick B layout A = works

9B2 Stick A layout A = does not work

9B2 stick B layout A = works

9A4 Stick A Layout B = works

9A4 stick B Layout B = works

9B2 Stick A Layout B = does not work

9b2 stick B layout B = works

The only common factor with Stick A (Shirley's) not working is with 9B2 on any installation.

ergo Stick faulty.

Edited by melmerby

In each failing scenario stick A is a common factor.

In each failing scenario B2 is a common factor.

It can be concluded that A and B2 do not work together. However, I cannot conclude whether this is only due to A, or only due to B2 or both.

Edited by pohlmannx
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, pohlmannx said:

It can be concluded that A and B2 do not work together. However, I cannot conclude whether this is only due to A, or only due to B2 or both.

Whichever it might be, you would think it might be in Herr Freiwald's interest to assist his customer to resolve the issue.

Continuued intransigence does not help his reputation, or encourage further use of his product...

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, pohlmannx said:

while youu are correct  you are not taking into accout that stic b works in both places on b2  so that should rule out the instalations

the way for this to be fully tested is if herr freiwald was to look at the problematical stick to rule it out ones and for all as its far more cost effective than sending the pc .. layout etc to germany ... the other option would be the herr freiwald takes a vacation to see sherleys layout and setup to advise as to the solution to her problem ... im sure the poor lady has no hair left as shes pulling it out over this problem

i do feel her offer to send the stick back at her cost and to pay for a replacement if needed is a very generous offer on her part

Edited by ahellary
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, pohlmannx said:

I don’t think that you actually understand logic as it has been proved beyond any mathematical doubt with the logic table that @Shirleybasm has a fault stick yet you still maintain the position of Herr Freiwald being correct in his ‘diagnosis’ though Herr Freiwald has not offered any explanation of why his product and his USB stick do not work together.

Edited by WIMorrison
  • Funny 1

18 minutes ago, pohlmannx said:

From
Stick B - ver 9B2 works
you deduce that stick A must be faulty because B works with 9B2, but A does not. Sounds logical, no doubt.

From
Stick A - ver 9A4 works
one can deduce with exactly the same logic that 9B2 must be faulty because 9A4 works with A, but 9B2 does not.

Both conclusions follow the same logic.

So A is faulty or 9B2 is faulty or both.

This was my point. I think this was a sensible and objective contribution to this topic.

I would suggest you look at my post on the testing done this gives complete in depth look of the testing . You will see that another users stick on my layout did work with 9B2 and that my stick on there layout did not work with 9 B2. This clearly shows the common factor is my stick. If it was software other users would be reporting the same issue. ( which herr freiwald confirms they are not ) And the other users stick would not work on my layout which it did work.

but to determine the cause only herr freiwald could do this due to the nature of the issue and this is all I wanted, very simple request I thought. Even when I offered to pay for postage and if required a new stick Which I would pay for not that unreasonable I would say, but herr freiwald point blank refused such request and considers it a demand.

so no both conclusions do not follow the same logic as your logic gives the premise it’s a software fault, When my testing has shown it not to be so where herr freiwald has done no testing, and even if it was at fault would not herr freiwald like to know what was wrong with 9b2 to bring out a new 9b3 to fix the software fault if such a fault exists.

your original opening post stated that herr freiwald was the expert, which is why I wanted him to look at this, is this also flawed logic. But you also take my data use it to prove your point. Where is your data that freiwalds logic is sound.

we shall never know now as herr freiwald refuses to communicate with me but if he really wants all the time and hassle of legal proceedings and all it entails as opposed to simple resolution then is that logical.

5 minutes ago, Ouroborus said:

In another topic, freiwald says he does not sell to the UK, arguing that digital river do this.  If you paid by credit card, perhaps use them to raise a claim and let freiwald and digital river have it out

the digital river thing is relatively new  and i guess shirley like myself paid for the version a longtime ago direct to herr freiwald and then did the versions update.... also paying directly

ver 9 has been out some time and i think the claim back moneys time limit has  sadly long since past

Edited by ahellary

• RMweb Gold

I recently had to have faulty stick replaced. Bit of a palaver but got there in the end. The new stick requires a two-step process for security reasons. The stick that is sent out needs to be activated. On receipt of the stick, you confirm to Herr F that you have it via your registered email address, and he returns to you a licence key to activate it.

I wonder therefore that the stick that does not work on B2 needs to have this licence key added again to activate it?

• Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, RFS said:

I recently had to have faulty stick replaced. Bit of a palaver but got there in the end. The new stick requires a two-step process for security reasons. The stick that is sent out needs to be activated. On receipt of the stick, you confirm to Herr F that you have it via your registered email address, and he returns to you a licence key to activate it.

I wonder therefore that the stick that does not work on B2 needs to have this licence key added again to activate it?

now that is a good point and im sure it will have been tried but i will wait to see if it really could be as simple as resending the code  it would be nice if it were that simple

and my i ask how did you stick go faulty

Edited by ahellary

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, RFS said:

It is also the procedure with an update where the old stick has an updated key to activate it for the new software version.

I've had that from 7 > 8 > 9.

As has been suggested, re-entering the key (which should still be in the inbox of the mail program) might be a useful way of eliminating one possible reason for the non working state of the stick.

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Shirleybasm said:

You will see that another users stick on my layout did work with 9B2 and that my stick on there layout did not work with 9 B2. This clearly shows the common factor is my stick.

Sort of - but its possible that your version of 9B2 has been incorrectly configured for that dongle. Both the software and dongle could be working individually - just not correctly integrated. Not much help in resolving you problem but offers another explanation about what is happening.

Did you know - dongles like this are probably covered for accidental damage on you contents insurance policy should anything bad happen to it.