Freiwald Traincontroller

Andymsa

• RMweb Premium

I find Train Controller's graphics painfully slow for what is a not particularly large or complex program.

I can run video manipulation programs than carry out their operations with little visible lag but TC takes quite a few seconds to load all it's graphics and just as slow clearing down when closed.

This is on a PC with a Ryzen 5 processor and two graphics cards with adequate memory.

I might do a quick video of it later today.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, melmerby said:

He tells us not to install any updates. They are only for new users.

Am I been a little harsh in thinking that is, at best, appalling customer support and at worst, treating his customer base with contempt.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, BoD said:

Am I been a little harsh in thinking that is, at best, appalling customer support and at worst, treating his customer base with contempt.

His logic is that existing users have been installing them as each new update is released and then complaining about bugs that weren't in the previous version!

If Microsoft applied that logic then I'd still be on Windows 3.1!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

On 06/08/2020 at 10:17, melmerby said:

Really?

At least 3 different computers (maybe more) with two different operating systems (various versions of each) with all the variation in drivers for completely different hardware.(Gigabyte, MSI, and others)

AMD processors, Intel Processors, Intel, AMD & nVidia graphics processors, different port drivers etc. etc.

Also Train Animator is the only program to have done that.

yes, really.
Given your scenarios he is probably making use of an old outdated API call which is still available for backwards capability purposes but is no longer being updated and contains a bug which he happens to hit.
One of the problems with writing software for Windows is that periodically you have to bite the bullet and make changes to your software to use the newer generations of API calls rather than continuing to use the older deprecated ones.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/08/2020 at 15:48, WIMorrison said:

You never know, he might even drop the price for the UK in the same way that he has done for the USA - but then again as we are still leaving the EU he probably won’t :(

Good luck with that.

The rest of the world is 649USD.  The UK is 847USD.  I think the amount and the quoted currency is far from a mistake.  He must be a very bitter little man.  Still, he/Germany might need all the money they can get soon.

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2020 at 22:49, Ouroborus said:

Good luck with that.

The rest of the world is 649USD.  The UK is 847USD.  I think the amount and the quoted currency is far from a mistake.  He must be a very bitter little man.  Still, he/Germany might need all the money they can get soon.

I don’t think he’s the only “ bitter “ person around , perhaps we could move on from this aspect. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Junctionmad said:

I don’t think he’s the only “ bitter “ person around , perhaps we could move on from this aspect. 

Hear hear!

Paul.

• RMweb Premium
On 17/08/2020 at 17:53, 5BarVT said:

The issue isn’t what to discuss, but the way it’s being done.

This is a forum, that's what happens on forums.

• RMweb Gold
On 17/08/2020 at 19:42, Andymsa said:

what specific way is upsetting you. 

17 hours ago, rab said:

This is a forum, that's what happens on forums.

I know, but it doesn’t mean I have to approve or condone it.

Nor does it mean that I can’t call it out when it happens.

Nor does it mean I have to like anyone who tries to introduce or justify nastiness just for the sake of proving that no one can prevent them.

Paul.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

I know, but it doesn’t mean I have to approve or condone it.

Nor does it mean that I can’t call it out when it happens.

Nor does it mean I have to like anyone who tries to introduce or justify nastiness just for the sake of proving that no one can prevent them.

Paul.

that’s a reply worthy of herr freiwald himself. Plain English please, as I said what specifically upset you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3