Code 75 Peco Points with SMP Track

Hi

Wondering if some one could give me some advise please.

I'm looking at using Peco code 75 points with SMP track for my current layout, but I've noticed a slight height difference, Peco point track is slightly higher. 

I've been able to make up the difference by using a thin piece of plasticard tucked under the SMP track at the intersection.

Would this be good practise? or are the two not compatible?

Thanks

That may depend on the C&L sleeper thickness.

The  now seemingly not available flexi track with thick sleepers matched Peco Perfectly. The thin sleepers (which do match SMP!)  do need some packing; thats what thin card is for ....

Edited by LBRJ

The new bullhead ones? Yes two in the yard and I am in the process of laying three at the throat, but have ot distracted by a combination of two loco might have beens and some HR laser cut building kits. Here is a shot of the bullhead sin the yard, with C&L track.

IMG_0333.JPG.e2ebecac238ed39e0c0921234a0bead4.JPGIMG_0379.JPG.0ce85a09a00f1894706a0f86380836c4.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks - yes, it is. Here is a link to  from start onwards. My approach to the track can be seen in the early stages of the build from the link in the first post or from the links in my signature .

Edited by Ben Alder
Clarity