Great Continental Railway Journeys series 7

melmerby

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, melmerby said:

I turn the timer off for that series linked programme, the non-recording then becomes a "fail" and turn it back on again and Wednesday's episode is the next in the timer list. Then just delete the failed recording.

Does yours allow that?

Ooh I don't know, I've never tried that - I'm sure it can do a lot of things that I don't know about!  I'd forgotten I'd set it to record and I was watching something else ("I'm All Right Jack" on Talking Pictures TV) when I noticed the recorder start blinking, which it carried on doing for an hour!

17 hours ago, melmerby said:

Sorry no.

The only episode available from series 4 is part 2 of the German trip:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08h80s0

This was the last of that series broadcast 3½ weeks ago on BBC4 (and then put on iPlayer for 30 days)

The others are from series 7 (the current one)

Edited to add relevant info

Your iPlayer is obviously different to mine because I watched BOTH German episodes from Series 4 on Wednesday night via the BBC2 listing!

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Pendennis said:

Your iPlayer is obviously different to mine because I watched BOTH German episodes from Series 4 on Wednesday night via the BBC2 listing!

Obviously.:scratchhead:

The link I posted was on the internet via a laptop.

This is what I get when I use the TV based iPlayer:

iPlayer.jpg.e0632bc70da57ae4a6cb05a4876c2e2d.jpg

However the other episode would also have been available within 30 days of it's broadcast on BBC4, (e.g. 1030pm last Wednesday)

Edited by melmerby
  • Agree 1

On 14/08/2020 at 20:58, chrisf said:

I tried filing a complaint on Wednesday after the episode had been replaced with no prior warning.  All I could glean from the on-line complaints system was that changes are often made at short notice.  I know that: why do you think I complained?  What a nanny state we live in.

Chris 

While I agree with your sentiments, there do seem to be a significant number of "viewers" (I use the term loosely) just sitting watching the BBC hoping to find a cause for complaint, hence the corporation's very cautious attitude to such programmes.

jch

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, John Harris said:

While I agree with your sentiments, there do seem to be a significant number of "viewers" (I use the term loosely) just sitting watching the BBC hoping to find a cause for complaint, hence the corporation's very cautious attitude to such programmes.

jch

It's not just the BBC, there seem to be a hard core of professional complainers just waiting for anybody to make what they percieve as a sleight against them and then throw in their complaint.

Update: episode 3 was shown last night, and I have finally had a reply from the BBC.  As others surmised, "the episode was replaced in the schedule due to the ongoing news story about the rail crash in Scotland earlier that day.  As the situation was still unfolding and had been declared as a major incident, it was decided at 17.00 to replace the programme with a standby programme ... Given the sensitivity of the situation, the continuity announcers reflexcted the schedule change but did not give the reason for it ... We appreciate the frustration caused by last minute schedule changes but we hope you will understand our reasoning."

To be honest, that is more than I expected.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I did enjoy it mind you. 

Looking forward to the next couple, in particular episode 7, Linz to Bratislava via Prague. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

I did enjoy it mind you. 

So did I!  I have a daughter resident in Berlin, and have been an annual visitor to Stuttgart for the N-Club International meet in November.  So I enjoyed seeing a couple of favourite places that I probably won't get to this year.  Some interesting history, and some good trains thrown in for good measure.