Hornby class 50 droop!

Hi, I'm new here and I wonder if anybody has had this problem with their class 50? I bought it second hand and found the plates that held the cam mechanism for the couplers had partially disintegrated! I made one out of plasticard using the good one as a template then the good one snapped so I made another. The coupler cams seem very loose.

The coach in the picture is a Hornby new type MK1.

581B0F09-8FB6-44A1-A0FF-11D47CCC447E_1_201_a.jpeg

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, E3001>D400 said:

Hi, I'm new here and I wonder if anybody has had this problem with their class 50? I bought it second hand and found the plates that held the cam mechanism for the couplers had partially disintegrated! I made one out of plasticard using the good one as a template then the good one snapped so I made another. The coupler cams seem very loose.

The coach in the picture is a Hornby new type MK1.

I see your steps have disappeared as normal...

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, E3001>D400 said:

Anybody got a fix to make the couplers stiffer and the correct height?

Do you want them operational? I know that sounds daft but some people don't. My NEMs seem OK (at the moment) but I use  a brake van when shunting.

Looks like my fifty will join the queue of rolling stock needing sorted because the manufacturers got it wrong! At least the roof fans turn and the louvers open. Pity they couldn't design a robust coupling. Dare I say metal might have been a better bet than plastic. :beee: