Appleby Model Engineering / Cambridge Custom Transfers - CASTINGS NOW AVAILABLE !!!!!

cctransuk

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Ian G said:

Is he still producing 7mm kits?

Ian G

1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

I've no idea, I'm afraid; you'd have to contact him directly.

Sorry,

John Isherwood.

Good morning.

Appleby Model Engineering helpline, John Isherwood here, how may I help?

Mike.

• Funny 2

There have been a number of enquiries about AME transfers, and I have mentioned this to John Talbot.

Anyone interested is invited to contact John directly at john@jaatalbot.plus.com .

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, heavymetalwagons said:

What using the bits as masters for molds as there seems to be alot of interest?. If you dont fancy it what about wizard models he seems to take over other small suppliers 

Please understand that this NOT about me seeking to interfere in John Talbot's intellectual property rights, or in his decisions concerning his former productions.

I am merely seeking to distribute, to those who can use them, several thousand castings that were about to be destroyed.

PLEASE keep to this subject - indeed, there is little point now in further comment until such time as I am in possession of, and have sorted, the castings.

I wanted to let modellers know that the Appleby 4mm. range is not wholly defunct; albeit it will be a case of when they're gone, they're gone.

John Isherwood.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Ian G said:

John

Thank you

I have heard so much about his 7mm kits but rarely seen them.

Ian G

I too was wondering that. His metals wagons I've seen are superb. I'd be very interested in a few.

43 minutes ago, Joner said:

I too was wondering that. His metals wagons I've seen are superb. I'd be very interested in a few.

As I have no involvement in John's 7mm. range, contact John directly at john@jaatalbot.plus.com .

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Thanks 1

On 24/07/2020 at 11:05, westie7 said:

I spoke to John very recently when I ordered some transfers, we discussed this very subject. My particular interest was for any remaining FPA chassis, 

I'm still interested if they are amongst those that survive

Regards

Mark

Me to fpa chassis if there any will watch with interest 

Thanks to John Talbot, I have now received the remaining 4mm. scale etches for raised I C I lettering on ICI bogie limestone hoppers, as produced RTR by Hattons, and in kit form by others. The stock level at present is in excess of 200 etches, and one etch is required per wagon.

519235880_ICIETCH.jpg.dbd033ee8f2b6a3d6c6a2607bc75b8f7.jpg

Hattons still have stocks of the TOPS-era heavily weathered hoppers without ICI lettering;  https://www.hattons.co.uk/ici  ; these wagons can easily be backdated using the above etches, and my numbering transfers; (see Sheet BL183 at https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm ).

The etches are available to purchase at a bargain price of £1.00 per etch, plus just £1.00 P&P for any quantity of etches; the etches will be despatched in a Jiffy-type bag.

The etches are sold on a strictly 'first come - first served; when they're gone, they're gone' basis; THERE WILL BE NO MORE!

For ordering information, go to https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm . Payment will preferably be via BACS or Paypal; (in the latter case, add 10% of the order plus P&P total to cover the Paypal fee). Written orders with cheques can be accepted, but these orders will be cancelled if all etches are sold prior to receipt. Please include an e-mail address or SAE so that unsuccessful orders can be acknowledged.

It is anticipated that these etches will sell out very quickly - please do not delay if you can use them.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, cctransuk said:

For ordering information, go to https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm . Payment will preferably be via BACS or Paypal; (in the latter case, add 10% of the order plus P&P total to cover the Paypal fee). Written orders with cheques can be accepted, but these orders will be cancelled if all etches are sold prior to receipt. Please include an e-mail address or SAE so that unsuccessful orders can be acknowledged.

10 hours ago, rka said:

Stupid question, how exactly do I order? Do I email you? 

Regards Richard 

Mike.

IMG_5933.JPG.e881b6e6498d2c520a1d06014d5165b0.JPG

This is a Hattons TOPS era ICI limestone hopper; (still available to purchase); that has been backdated by the addition of Appleby Model Engineering etched ICI lettering and Cambridge Custom Transfers number and owner's plates.

The ICI etches and the transfers are both available from https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm

John Isherwood.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, leisuresl said:

Hi John - have you had any luck in sorting the rest of John's castings out?

Thanks,

Due to the Covid, I have been unable to travel from Cornwall to Worcester to collect them.

As soon as we are permitted to do so, I will make arrangements with John Talbot.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• cctransuk changed the title to Appleby Model Engineering / Cambridge Custom Transfers - PROGRESS AT LAST !

Now that there has been a significant relaxation of Covid restrictions, it will be possible for me to collect the residual stock of castings from John Talbot, of Appleby Model Engineering; sorry for the unavoidable delay.

Firstly, I must repeat my request that no-one tries to approach John Talbot directly concerning what follows - John had intended to dispose of, as refuse, what remains of his stock as he has no desire to enter into the work of distributing it; I have persuaded him to allow me to take on that task.

I will collect the castings in mid-June, and would hope to be able to post here a list of what is available, and details of how to obtain items, within a month or so of that time. This will be a no-frills service, but prices will reflect that; P&P will be at cost.

Please do NOT contact me in the meantime with wish-lists, enquiries, etc., I have no idea of what the residual stock comprises, and I do not have the time or inclination to engage in general chit-chat.

What I can tell you is that John was intending to exclude certain items for which he saw no market; one such item is a roof casting to convert the early Hornby HAA hopper into the china variant. I would have thought that this item would be popular with modellers who might wish to obtain cheap HAA models, and convert / detail them into china clay hoppers - what do you think? Let me know by posting here - not via PM or e-mail.

Another comment from John indicates that he has very considerable stocks of the specially commissioned paints that he had produced by Phoenix; some (most?) of these paint colours are not available elsewhere. I will list what could be available at a later date, but I would welcome an indication, in this thread, of the extent of the potential market. Paint has to be despatched via courier - Royal Mail will not carry it - so P&P charges would have to reflect this; however, the item price would not be high.

Again - please do not contact either John Talbot or me directly; use this thread. I am looking to help John dispose of his considerable asset with the minimum of fuss for all concerned - I will post further information here as soon as it is available.

Finally, please pass on the above information to anyone that you know who may be interested, but who does not frequent this list.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

Hi John,

Good news and understandable that you weren't able to do anything sooner. I think John Talbot is right about the roof for the HAA; with a new and accurate model due sometime this year, the market is probably quite limited. 

I would suspect that some of John's paints will be popular, ISTR hlm doing colours for containers, even with courier costs.

Thanks,

Mark.