ScotRail branded Mk2 aircons

forest2807

In the video below at 14 mins 43 seconds, as part of an Inv - GQS service hauled by 47461, is a blue/grey Mk2 air con coach with Scotrail branding. It doesn't appear, to my eye at least, to be a TSOT, which I know were converted for this region and so carried ScotRail branding, so I got to wondering if anyone knew how many, or indeed which of these ordinary - in this case a TSO -  aircon coaches carried Scotrail branding? I'm referring to blue/grey examples specifically, I'm aware that the Scotrail liveried coaches carried the ScotRail branding. I don't recall them from my spotting days at Inverness. Were they a rarity or did I just not notice?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ixIM_13T9K0

Edited by forest2807
clarity

The rake is a standard Inv - Glas/Edin set with TSOT 6603, it was the only aircon allocated to Inverness. The definition is poor around the cantrail area meaning the red is very difficult to spot but there is a very slight change in shade at the right hand end of the cantrail stripe over the last window.

Edit. the only other blue/grey Mk2 aircon with ScotRail after the summer/autumn of 1985 was TSOT 6607. Originally also allocated to Inverness it moved to Craigentinny in 1987 to be used in the Aberdeen sets and was never repainted in ScotRail livery.

Edited by Flood

4 hours ago, 47475 said:

Any idea what the ID of the MK2 with the Inter-City ScotRail branding at 3:45 in the same video might have been at this time?

It's on another Inverness rake but the problem is that quite a few of the Inverness Mk2 allocation were branded like this in late 1984/early 1985.

This post has more details: https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/150096-scotrail-mk2-coaches-query/&do=findComment&comment=3907169

It could be any one of 5271, 5272, 5273, 5279, 5300 or another one.

Edited by Flood
  • Like 1