N Gauge cassette STL files

• RMweb Premium

I don't know of a file, however it would not be hard to design. I have just thrown this together in the last 2 minuets. You would need to stick track in but it is workable. I've not measured the middle gap so that would need tweaking dependant upon the sleeper sizing. 

1150295792_Screenshot2020-07-24at08_13_48.png.8f8cb853dca99149836d74a60d75a38c.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kris said:

I don't know of a file, however it would not be hard to design. I have just thrown this together in the last 2 minuets. You would need to stick track in but it is workable. I've not measured the middle gap so that would need tweaking dependant upon the sleeper sizing. 

1150295792_Screenshot2020-07-24at08_13_48.png.8f8cb853dca99149836d74a60d75a38c.png

That’s exactly what I need and I have ZERO design skills.  Would you be willing to share this file?

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Seanem44 said:

That’s exactly what I need and I have ZERO design skills.  Would you be willing to share this file?

I would be happy to. If you know what track you are going to be using and the sleeper size I can alter the design to make it fit better. Currently it is 200mm long, is that enough? 

15 minutes ago, Kris said:

I would be happy to. If you know what track you are going to be using and the sleeper size I can alter the design to make it fit better. Currently it is 200mm long, is that enough? 

275mm would fit nicely on my printer.  Using Peco code 55 which I believe is about 16 mm wide sleeper edge to edge.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Seanem44 said:

275mm would fit nicely on my printer.  Using Peco code 55 which I believe is about 16 mm wide sleeper edge to edge.

I've redrawn it for 275mm. There is a 16.5mm channel for the track to sit in (this should do code 55 wood but would be too narrow for code 55 concrete). There is now a 2.1mm square cut out at each end to help with alignment. n gauge code 55 cassette v2.stl

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kris said:

I've redrawn it for 275mm. There is a 16.5mm channel for the track to sit in (this should do code 55 wood but would be too narrow for code 55 concrete). There is now a 2.1mm square cut out at each end to help with alignment. n gauge code 55 cassette v2.stl

Thank you soooo much.  I really appreciate it!

• Like 1

You'll find a laser-cut kit, such as the one below, a much better solution that a 3D print. Note that the track is inset into the base so that you don't need to lower the baseboard to match rail heights, and it has gates at each end and a removable roof to hold stock in place on the rails and to prevent it rolling out.

https://yorkmodelrail.com/shop/tools-and-storage/mls052-storage-n-gauge-cassette/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seanem44 said:

Thank you soooo much.  I really appreciate it!

It’s perfect!  Fits two full coaches.  Track sits in snug and doesn’t even need glue.  It’s a perfect fit!  Thank you soooo much.

D5C35343-EFA2-4EF7-80CB-8D30EDF5A3E8.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Glad it worked. Seems now would be a good time to work on those design skills - as you have a simple STL you can reverse engineer. It's not rocket surgery, and may prove useful for future endeavours!

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, njee20 said:

Glad it worked. Seems now would be a good time to work on those design skills - as you have a simple STL you can reverse engineer. It's not rocket surgery, and may prove useful for future endeavours!

If only it were that easy.  I've got 5 month old twins.  I'm probably crazy even trying to build a small layout

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Seems like learning CAD would be more practical! Get Fusion 360, watch Lars Christensen’s videos and you’ll be away. Do it on the sofa of an evening, job jobbed!