Back numbers...best place?

chertsey chopper

Whils rooting around in my garage today I found some old Modelling mags from the seventies and a copy of Marshall's Book of Railways from 1961(more on that in a subsequent thread).

The series of magazines was called History of Model and Miniature Railways...was in parts 1-45 as is stated on the first edition, and was printed by New English Library. When I counted them unfortunately two were missing from the otherwise whole lot. Numbers 17 and 18.

I wonder if any forum members have;A/ any knowledge of these? or B/ any of them for sale particularly issues 17 and 18, or failing that, C/ where (if at all?) would be the best place to search?

Jules :(

Whils rooting around in my garage today I found some old Modelling mags from the seventies and a copy of Marshall's Book of Railways from 1961(more on that in a subsequent thread).

The series of magazines was called History of Model and Miniature Railways...was in parts 1-45 as is stated on the first edition, and was printed by New English Library. When I counted them unfortunately two were missing from the otherwise whole lot. Numbers 17 and 18.

I wonder if any forum members have;A/ any knowledge of these? or B/ any of them for sale particularly issues 17 and 18, or failing that, C/ where (if at all?) would be the best place to search?

Jules sad.gif

You could try the VCT at Ingrow on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway - they have a massive magazine stock.

Stu

Hi

Both 17 & 18 listed here, I've had some backnumbers of other mags from them and they've been very goodcool.gif

Regards, Gerry.

Thanks very much for your reply Gerry, I thought that it would be a "very longshot", but I've placed my order for the two at £2.00 each! I'll look forward to adding them to the set.

Certainly beats the sort of prices advertised on Amazon....but then it pays to be on here!!!

Best wishes...jules :D

• 1 month later...

The VCT can also send magzines out in the post but you have the postal cost. Best to have a day on the KWVR and Embsay. I filled the early issues of Heritage Railway mag that I didn't have that way. The problem is that I know most of the VCT staff and so it can take some time to get away after putting the world to rights.....

Archived