JMRI DecoderPro troubles

Harlequin

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I have DecoderPro 4.18 running on a PI-SPROG and I have been trying to sync up the chuffs on an ESU Loksound 5. That is proving to be very difficult but it's incidental to the problem I'm asking about here:

The Program window, which I opened and used many times during this process, has now lost all of the Read and Write buttons from all of the tabs/pages. So I can't use DecoderPro at all at the moment!

I have rebooted the system and opened Program windows for other decoders but the Read/Write buttons are still not visible.

While I was working on the ESU chuff syncing I had moved and resized the Program window a few times and my hunch is that the resizing has got something confused and moved the buttons where I can't see them.

Any ideas how I can get them back?

Thanks,

Usually that happens because you've upset the system connection preferences.   So look in there first, then also in preferences the "defaults" tab.   Chances are you've accidentally set it to something with no read/write, or a simulator mode, or lost the connection to your hardware, etc.. 

Nigel

• RMweb Gold

The connection looks correct. (“Pi-SPROG one programmer“ SPROG DCC, ttyS0, Connection prefix S)
The defaults for “Pi-SPROG one programmer” are, Throttles, Power control and Service programmer.

If I use the power control I can drive a loco so the hardware connection seems to be working.

Another possible clue: There’s a very long delay between clicking the Program button in the Roster window and the Program window opening.

Next ideas are more drastic, and assume you're confident with the Linux file system:  systematically remove preferences files, so JMRI has to recreate default ones.   If you're careful what you do, keeping renamed copies, you can go back to previous states, and shouldn't loose the existing roster of locos.

If not sure what you're doing, suggest taking it up with Andrew Crosland, maker of the Sprog. 

Nigel

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Nigelcliffe said:

Next ideas are more drastic, and assume you're confident with the Linux file system:  systematically remove preferences files, so JMRI has to recreate default ones.   If you're careful what you do, keeping renamed copies, you can go back to previous states, and shouldn't loose the existing roster of locos.

If not sure what you're doing, suggest taking it up with Andrew Crosland, maker of the Sprog. 

Nigel

Thanks Nigel, I'm a Windows man but I can fiddle around with the files if I have to.

It doesn't sound like a fun occupation for a Sunday afternoon, though! Maybe Andrew will see this thread and suggest something before I work up the energy to start hacking.