Gresley A1 In Full Range 4472 Hornby Railways Anyone.

DonnyRailMan

On 27/07/2020 at 14:49, Hroth said:

A1s are ok, does it have to be FS?

ABS.

Anyone But Scotsman...    ;) 

I was thinking I haven't got a Flying Scotsman in any form. Then I looked up at the shelves and noticed I've got one of those cheap GBL ones from the partwork magazine looking directly at me. Next to a Mallard.

Then remembered I've actually got four of them....

Jason

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Wizardtrains said:

Is this where we have to accept compromise on the basis of the economics of producing model locomotives?

Yes. 

I very much doubt we will see a new one anytime soon. They still have plenty of life left to get out of the tooling yet. It’s not even 20 years old yet, and as far as the details go, it still ranks very highly. 

On 28/07/2020 at 22:46, Steamport Southport said:

ABS.

Anyone But Scotsman...    ;) 

I was thinking I haven't got a Flying Scotsman in any form. Then I looked up at the shelves and noticed I've got one of those cheap GBL ones from the partwork magazine looking directly at me. Next to a Mallard.

Then remembered I've actually got four of them....

Jason

I had one of the Triang Hornby FS wit the real glowing firebox which selflessly gave up its life (chassis) to go under the GBL "Mallard"* so I could have an A4 for my Super 4 track layout.  I got the glossy Hornby R3439 "Woolwinder" when Hattons were selling them off with "marked" boilers so I don't need another A1 - I've not discovered the mark yet...

On 04/08/2020 at 10:56, Wizardtrains said:

I think the most famous steam locomotive of all time deserves to be as correct as possible

Surely you mean the most recognisable brand, thanks to the incessant NRM trumpet blowing?

Its just an ordinary A1/A3 (depending on period modelled) and wasn't even the best option when being disposed of.