If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

*WANTED* Class 56 and Class 150 Spares

SimulationNetwork

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've asked them before and the answer was no so I'd imagine it was just a case of what they had in parts rather than making them available as spares in the same way that Hornby do with their 153 ones. 

There's been a rather expensive Bachmann 150 chassis on Ebay for a while from one of the usual people who dismantles things and sells them as parts, pic shows a snowplough attached, but do you want to spend £25 to get one...? If not, my 950 (from a second-hand 150) has Hornby ones fitted. They don't look quite as good but better than none.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JDW said:

I've asked them before and the answer was no so I'd imagine it was just a case of what they had in parts rather than making them available as spares in the same way that Hornby do with their 153 ones. 

There's been a rather expensive Bachmann 150 chassis on Ebay for a while from one of the usual people who dismantles things and sells them as parts, pic shows a snowplough attached, but do you want to spend £25 to get one...? If not, my 950 (from a second-hand 150) has Hornby ones fitted. They don't look quite as good but better than none.

Unfortunately they have come back to me this morning and as you said the answer was no :(

Seems silly to send back a loco because the snow ploughs are missing but might have to... I'll keep digging.

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if someone with one of the earlier versions (Provincial) might have a set spare - the ploughs weren't originally fitted so someone modelling the first few years might be able to help, if they happen to see this.

If you can't get any, I have a few spare sets of Hornby ploughs that can easily be fitted with a couple of plastic or brass strips as brackets, let me know and I'm sure we can work something out.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JDW said:

I wonder if someone with one of the earlier versions (Provincial) might have a set spare - the ploughs weren't originally fitted so someone modelling the first few years might be able to help, if they happen to see this.

If you can't get any, I have a few spare sets of Hornby ploughs that can easily be fitted with a couple of plastic or brass strips as brackets, let me know and I'm sure we can work something out.

Here's hoping :) i'll let you know if i have no luck. Thanks for the offer.