Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

What makes something valuable/rare.

Hi Northmoor,

Tell them to sling their hook. If they do not feel they are rare then they do not have to buy them. I have on a couple of occasions contacted people on Ebay to tell them that what they were advertising was not what they were selling. Last time it was a H/D R1 chassis that some one was trying to sell as a H/D N2. I only noticed it was the wrong description as I was looking for an N2 chassis at the time. I dropped them a line to let them know and got a very nice message back saying thank you.

Edited by cypherman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, cypherman said:

Hi Northmoor,

Tell them to sling their hook. If they do not feel they are rare then they do not have to buy them. I have on a couple of occasions contacted people on Ebay to tell them that what they were advertising was not what they were selling. Last time it was a H/D R1 chassis that some one was trying to sell as a H/D N2. I only noticed it was the wrong description as I was looking for an N2 chassis at the time. I dropped them a line to let them know and got a very nice message back saying thank you.

Thanks, I've decided not to risk a spat and just gave them a stiff ignoring.

I've done similar to you myself, where they were wrongly advertising something that was actually much more valuable than what they were calling it, so I suggested a better description.  That got a thank you as well, but I only did that because they clearly had some idea about model railways.  However I have lost count of the poor descriptions where once you check what else they have for sale (almost always using poor quality camera phone pics as well), the words "proceeds of a burglary", spring to mind.......