Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure if this really qualifies as "realistic" but it's a little known fact that Terence Cuneo once popped up to Ladmanlow Sidings, and did a couple of paintings of what he saw there:

ladmanlow607.jpg.4eb0649b5eafe7445ae22353eeb27430.jpg

ladmanlow634.jpg.ff5f14cd8af7d1d7dfda1f468bbf6d17.jpg

Al.

Edited by Alister_G
  • Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

I'm currently working on the entrance to Colchester loco depot, the building on the right is a stable block built in the 1890s, but by 1955 it had been disused for many years. The building on the left is a water tank which feed the depot and railway laundry. 

20200730_205257.jpg

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

6 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

On a similar vein, local artist, Sheldon Fopp captures the likeness of a Peckett at Sheep Dip. 

Rob. 

20200508_130027-03.jpeg

Not sure that is a Sheldon Fopp, though very similar in style Sheldon liked to draw in large coupling loops under the draw bar.

This I think is a painting by German immigrant Flik Ofderwrist who came to the United Kingdom in 1938 where he met and married the love of his life Geraldine Ewestice

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Not sure that is a Sheldon Fopp, though very similar in style Sheldon liked to draw in large coupling loops under the draw bar.

This I think is a painting by German immigrant Flik Ofderwrist who came to the United Kingdom in 1938 where he met and married the love of his life Geraldine Ewestice

Just to clarify, it's a 00 gauge Hornby Peckett with the tension locks removed and sat on PECO Code 75 track. 

Thanks. 

• Like 4