Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

3 minutes ago, Physicsman said:

The Gill area needs building-in, and it looks like there's snow on the fells....but it's only bare plaster....

....but the model is (hopefully) starting to resemble the prototype (of which, nice pic attached).

Jeff

IMG_7929.JPG

33878145438_6ac2da596f_b.jpg

Jeff - Will you also be building a photographers gallery, wet weather Hut, near one end

of the viaduct. (As in the proto pic)?

You have also reminded me it's about time I nagged Mrs MB into some more walling.

All the best

TONY

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Tony, I'll give a more detailed answer - when I can find my derelict model hut from 2013 - on Gill Head tomorrow, so I don't block up this thread.

Simple answer, "no" - lack of space, though I'd like to.

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Qs3PkWPl.jpg

2fHcmutl.jpg

A Southern Pacific EMD SD45 V20 3600 HP road switcher in a rather grubby condition shuffling cars in the yard at Benson Arkansas. 8803 looks as if she has just been pulled out of a mid train helper set.

Photo Peter M

Peter M

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Broadoak said:

Qs3PkWPl.jpg

2fHcmutl.jpg

A Southern Pacific EMD SD45 V20 3600 HP road switcher in a rather grubby condition shuffling cars in the yard at Benson Arkansas. 8803 looks as if she has just been pulled out of a mid train helper set.

Photo Peter M

Peter M

Nice weathering but still rather too clean for most SP locos I came across most of which were closer to black and that was after the black livery had been abandoned!

• Like 2

Mike, Yes I know what you mean they are often so dirty you wouldn’t be able to see out of the cab windows. I had a video of Tehachapi loop and in the middle of a set of SP mid train helpers is a UP loco that is the same colour as the SP tunnel motors, covered in soot. I presume you don’t see that now I assume with more modern power meaning less locos, I can’t say I have seen any recently made films.

Kind regards Peter M

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Approaching the rural equivalent of the bus on the bridge!

In other words, 'the grumpy old farmer's knackered Landrover approaching the bridge!'

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4